Chief Technology Officer, Bergen, Norway #1488*
London, Greater London E1 6AN GB
Are you looking to help a world-class, international SaaS company take their business to the next level?
itslearning is a growing tech platform developed for students and teachers that delivers a personalized learning experience. They are looking for a CTO who enjoys working in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
This role is located in Bergen, Norway and requires relocation.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities
- Lead and motivate the engineering team to deliver a world-class education platform to teachers, students, parents and school administrators world-wide
- Drive the business on a technical and strategic level as part of the global management team in itslearning
- Be an innovator, challenging the way itslearning works with development, hosting and support
- Have a strong focus on costs, productivity and value chain optimization
- Executive responsibility for technology, architecture and quality of their SaaS solution
- Ensure availability of 99.99% for millions of active users
- Oversee further development of our R&D, hosting and support processes
- Ensure state-of-the-art information security and privacy in the solution
- Provide for good cooperation with itslearning’s external partners and developers
- Actively support the world-wide sales and service organization in itslearning
- Ensure close cooperation between Engineering and Product Development
- In other words, pave the way for itslearning to continue to be a world leading LMS
- Min. 5+ years of proven technical leadership delivering SaaS solutions
- Commercial mindset and be an active contributor to sales
- Experience building products that demonstrate outstanding UX and product design
- Challenge new ways to integrate development and hosting
- Experience managing larger groups of experienced and ambitious engineers
- Positive attitude with a "no job too big or too small" mindset
- International work experience is an advantage
- B2C experience and background from education space will be considered strong plus
- Master's degree
- Travel: est. 20%
Please include an English version of your C.V. when applying.
itslearning is an education technology company that is experiencing rapid growth. Since 1999, they have been committed to be the leader in K-12 learning management systems (LMS). Their learning platform is used by millions of educators, students, parents and administrative staff worldwide, from K-12 to higher education. They are dedicated to education and are passionate about the success of each student.
The Renaissance Network - Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education