Product Owner, Newton, MA (TRN841)
Newton, Massachusetts US
Job Title: itslearning Product Owner
Location: Newton, MA
Client Information: itslearning (www.itslearning.net)
The Renaissance Network is itslearning’s exclusive world-wide search partner.
Client Company Summary:
itslearning is a cloud-based learning platform used by millions of people around the world. It can be found at all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, helping teachers make education more inspiring and valuable for today’s students.
In addition we provide a full range of educational services, from tailored implementation projects to hosting and support, and dedicate much of our total resource pool to product improvement. Established in 1999, we have our US headquarters in Boston, MA and global headquarters in Bergen, Norway.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities:
Are you our new Product Owner?
Are you passionate about teaching and learning? Do you understand the importance of assessment and grade books to schools in the US? At itslearning we have a strong focus on supporting best practice teaching and learning processes, and supporting teachers, parents and students in their day-to-day teaching and follow-up activities. We are strengthening our team with someone with a strong educational background and SaaS product management expertise.
As a product manager in itslearning, you will join our international product owner team. This team is responsible for the management, specification and development and the ongoing success of our world-leading learning platform. As one of our product owners, you will be an expert on the needs of the educational sector, and know how to translate these into product requirements that will solve key problems for our growing user base across the USA. You will follow the requirements from idea to execution by guiding our development teams to successfully develop these requirements.
- Work with the US team, global team, our customers and users to help define the product vision, roadmap and prioritized development requirements, with a focus on assessment, grade book, SIS, standards-based assessment, standardised testing and learning management systems.
- Define, manage and prioritize product requirements.
- Provide educational expertise and insight to our user experience team to create high-level prototypes.
- Provide user stories, leadership and guidance to your two development teams using the Agile methodology.
- Set KPIs for both teams to ensure success.
- Be responsible for the success of our assessment and grade book, SIS grade book integration world-wide, but with a focus on the US market.
- Help define our ongoing strategy for supporting competency-based learning/assessment, individualised learning for the US market.
- Participate in and host international meetings, workshops and conferences with customers, users and industry experts internationally to drive product development.
- Work with sales, marketing, support and services to drive feature and user adoption, and ensure that customer satisfaction goals are met.
- Be a champion for itslearning, and ensure that we meet our overall strategy and goals.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of creating user stories for teams to develop, understanding of the AGILE development methodology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. We are a global company and English is our language of business.
- Very good understanding of the educational sector.
- Passionate about education, teaching and learning.
- The ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Able to meet rigorous deadlines.
- The ability to influence cross-functional teams, with and without formal authority.
- Strong knowledge of learning management systems preferred.
- The ability to in grasp market and customer problems and opportunities and translate these to clearly articulated product requirements.
- Demonstrated success working with product strategies.
- Clear, analytical and creative thinking.
- The ability to communicate company strategies and visions, both within the organisation and to customers, users and the industry in general.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Education, Computer Science or related fields.
- Experience as a teacher or educational professional.
- 6+ years of experience in either (or both):
- Educational software development or educational product management
- As a technically focused educationalist.