Sales Executive - Midwest * (TRN942)
Louisville, Kentucky US
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Sales Executive
Territory: MidWest Region
Client Company Summary:
Our client is a rapidly growing K–12 education and research organization, developing tools, training, and services for 21st-century educators. They are looking for sales reps to sell a portfolio of solutions that are shown to increase student achievement to school districts.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities: This is an ideal position for a hungry, hard-working and quick-learning individual who would enjoy working in a vibrant, fast-paced environment with a team of people focused on improving teacher effectiveness and instructional leadership by investing in educators.
- Maintain a strong pipeline and actively manage opportunities throughout the entire sales process, leveraging the appropriate subject matter experts as needed to help close a sale.
- Work with marketing to plan marketing campaigns and tradeshows.
- Strong utilization of Salesforce (CRM tool) to capture pipeline information, sales contacts, communications, and other proprietary client insight and interactions.
- Meet and exceed all activity goals and business measurements, including sales calls, pipelining, and follow-up, resulting in closed sales.
- Responsible for professionally promoting products to educational professionals with the goal of achieving sales growth in a territory.
- Meet/exceed sales goal expressed as % growth, and/or sales target.
- Maintain an expert product knowledge base that includes education, consumer education, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Employ effective selling techniques, including pre-call planning, effective opening, presentation focus and productive questions, issue identification, and effective close.
- Successfully implement the territory sales plan in alliance with marketing and sales resources to meet or exceed goals.
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in all required sales conferences and training at local and/or remote locations.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of territory management
- Experience selling instructional programs supported by a blend of technology, professional development, coaching, consulting, and publishing products and services in K–12 education
- Experience closing complex consultative sales involving multiple influencers and decision makers who typically choose solutions by consensus
- Working knowledge of the K–12 buying cycle and funding sources for instructional solutions
- Proficiency with web-based presentation software required, GoToWebinar experience is a plus
- Experience evaluating K–12 RFPs and collaborating with proposal/technical writers to submit proposals is a plus
- Professional solution sales training preferred