Scrum Master, Educational Learning Solutions - Newton, MA (TRN953)
Newton, Massachusetts US
Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Newton, MA
Client Information: itslearning (www.itslearning.net)
The Renaissance Network is itslearning’s exclusive worldwide search partner.
Client Company Summary:
Our client offers a professionally challenging and rewarding position among colleagues who are ambitious and extremely good at what they do and constantly working towards becoming even better. They pride themselves on a strong professional environment where you have access to all the support you need.
With more than 7 million active users, they are one of the fastest growing international technology companies. Millions of educators, students, and administrative staff worldwide make use their learning platform. Their dedication to education means they have the success of each individual student at heart.
Would you like to be part of a team that develops a product used by millions of teachers and learners around the world? If so, look no further!
itslearning provides a product that impacts the daily lives of millions of people around the globe. To them, user and customer satisfaction is their primary motivation and passion, and consequently they are looking for candidates who share their enthusiasm for putting the user front and center.
Their scrum teams consist of 5–7 team members including testers. All of their scrum teams have either a dedicated scrum master or scrum coach to facilitate scrum work, in addition to a product owner to prioritize the backlog in collaboration with the team. Their teams, who are comprised of team members with different areas of expertise, are self-organized and 100% dedicated to sprint work.
They are now actively seeking a Scrum Master for their office in Newton to serve and coach, guide and support scrum teams both onsite and cross site to make scrum teams function and improve. The scrum master must be an expert on Scrum concepts and practices.
Desired Skills and Experience:
You are a:
- Master of Scrum: Coaching the team on the rules of Scrum, reminding them of the rules when they break them. He or she understand the core of Scrum as well as secondary practices and industry trends.
- Coach: Guiding the team to self-organization, continuous improvement and cross-functionality
- Protector: Coaching the organization and stakeholders through interactions that maximize value and those that are wasteful.
- Facilitator: Guiding and facilitating Scrum events as needed.
- Servant-leader: Enacting change and bringing about improvements through coaching, leading by example and teaching.
- Helper to the team: Removing impediments and coaching the team to remove them; coaching the team in modern development practices
- Helper to the product owner: Coaching the product owner in understanding and practicing agility; facilitating product backlog weeding and refinement as needed
- Helper to the organization: Mentoring and coaching other Scrum masters; evangelizing practices and tools that have been found successful
- the ability to communicate efficiently and tactfully both orally and in writing.
- well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- a positive and responsible attitude.
- 3 years in a fast paced Agile environment
- 3 years of scrum master experience
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence preferred
- Enterprise environment experience
- Work independently
- Have strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work through issues to resolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent relationship-building skills
- Strong understanding of business processes and procedures
- Understanding of business applications and workflow
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.