Senior Editor, West Palm Beach, FL (TRN881)
West Palm Beach, Florida US
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Senior Editor
Territory: West Palm Beach, FL
Client Company Summary:
Our client is a rapidly growing K–12 education and research organization. They are a leading provider of solutions for professional development and performance management in education and they seek an Senior Editor for their publishing program, consisting of books and digital professional development products.
The Senior Editor acquires and develops pedagogically sound, practical, relevant professional development resources for K–12 educators. In addition to recruiting new authors and strengthening relationships with their existing authors, the Senior Editor works closely with their internal content developers to strategize editorial direction, conceptualize derivative products, and vet market viability of titles and product lines.
The successful candidate is a self-starter looking for a leadership opportunity and has a track record of developing reputable, financially viable books and/or digital content products. Deep knowledge of trends in K–12 professional development and strong existing relationships with authors in the field are strongly preferred. The right person for their team will be excited about the opportunity to leverage internal development with authors to create books and derivative implementation tools and digital products.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities:
- Contracts approximately 30 titles annually that meet our client's strategic and financial goals
- Collaborates with Product and Content Development team, leadership, and Sales to define editorial direction, identify derivative products for internal development, and conceptualize new product lines
- Maintains current knowledge of educational trends and practices as well as new methods of publishing and delivering content
- Creates three-year projections for all acquired titles, tracks progress on contracting, and ensures on-time delivery of manuscripts
- Assesses editorial quality and production needs of projects and advises the Editorial Director and the Managing Editor accordingly
- Acts as primary point of contact for authors throughout acquisitions process
- Works directly with authors to develop and refine materials for production
- Reviews back cover copy and other relevant marketing copy for accuracy
- Collaborates with Marketing and Sales to ensure effective product launch
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Deep knowledge of the K–12 education industry and the digital professional development segment strongly preferred
- Proficiency with publishing contracts and revenue projections
- Exceptional editorial skill in guiding authors and shaping manuscripts
- Pragmatic problem-solving and analytical thinking
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, time management, prioritization, and planning skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy, flexibility, and cordiality
For immediate consideration, please attach a copy of your most recent resume.