Vice President of Channel Strategy & Operations, Boston, MA (TRN954)
Boston, Massachusetts US
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Vice President (VP), Channel Strategy & Operations
Location: Boston, MA
Client Company Summary: Our client is an educational content, technology, and services company for the higher education, K-12, professional, and library markets worldwide. They believe in the power and joy of learning. Their products enrich the relationship between educators and students by advancing the way students learn.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities: The VP of Channel Strategy & Operations, reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategy & Operations, will be a key member of the GTM leadership team and will lead all aspects of our client’s channel approach. The VP of Channel Strategy & Operations will own:
- Channel Strategy: Determining the approach, optimal mix and approach to both direct and partner (Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Follett, etc.) channels that result in the most seamless experience for their customers to discover and purchase their educational solutions.
- Day-to-day Operations: Managing the day-to-day operations of our client's channels, ensuring they have the right product and pricing feeds, developing detailed metrics, forecasting and reporting to measure the success of their overall channel business and providing a broad spectrum of operational support to ensure the success of their channel sellers and channel partners.
- Channel Partnerships: Growing and maintaining our client's relationships with their channel partners, ensuring they have strong business relationships at all levels of our partner organizations.
- New Business and Commercial Model Implementation: Working with our client's partners to determine new business and commercial models to drive digital sales, including direct APIs into their key educational courseware solutions, better discoverability, promotions, and commercial approaches that drive digital sales growth.
- Lead the overall channel strategy, looking forward in 1,2 and 3 year horizons to ensure our client is always evolving, driving growth in their digital products and becoming best-in-class when it comes to getting the right product to the right customer at the right time.
- Grow and maintain channel partnerships, building out strong and trusting relationships with executives with key channel partners.
- Drive regular (quarterly) business reviews with our client's channel partners to review progress against both financial and strategic objectives.
- Build a detailed set of automated dashboards that analyze ordering patterns, historical trends, gross sales, returns and net sales and forecast out the remaining fiscal year.
- Manage a team of high performing channel focused employees, ensuring they are focused on the right priorities and developing their skill sets to greater heights.
- Develop and implement new commercial models with our client's channel partners, ensuring they are participating in all different forms of product sales and that their products and educational solutions are attractively priced.
- Manage the operations and integration with the channel partners, ensuring they are seamlessly exchanging and updating product, pricing and marketing information and generally improving operational efficiencies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (MBA highly preferred)
- 8+ years of Channel Experience, either within a channel partner or with a company that has multiple large scale channel partners
- 5+ years of people management & development experience
- Proven track record of driving growth in a (multi) channel environment
- Very strong analytical and financial acumen, with expert level Excel skills and detailed understanding of revenue and costs
- Experience in developing short and long term strategic plans, with ability to move seamlessly between strategic planning and tactical execution
- Strong technical / technology experience to understand and help drive complex channel integrations
- Exceptional collaboration skills, proven ability to form strong cross-functional relationships with varying business partners
- Demonstrated leadership skills, driving cross functional teams and building high performing teams
- Lead change and work with and inspire a broad range of individuals towards one common goal
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Strong entrepreneurial drive that inspires the team to test and learn and scale successful innovations to drive business growth
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills; ability to manage differing points of views across broad sets of stakeholders and influence an appropriate solution
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to simplify complex messages and influence ideas and initiatives throughout all levels of the organization
- Innovative, flexible, and creative problem-solving skills
For immediate consideration, please attach your most current resume.