Product Owner- Bergen, Norway #1312
Product Owner - Bergen, Norway
Are you looking to help a world-class, international SaaS company take their business to the next level?
itslearning is looking for a Technical Product Owner who will be responsible for defining and delivering innovative solutions that improve the way itslearning works for its users. He/she will lead multiple sprint teams while working with business stakeholders, UX researchers/designers and engineering resources to solve problems and deliver business value. The ideal candidate should be able to discuss the technology that powers itslearning on a deep level both internally and externally. itslearning prides itself on a strong professional environment where you have access to all the support you need to continue to grow & develop your career.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities
- Team leadership – Act as the product owner for 1-2 development teams using the Agile Scrum methodology. Define user stories, manage the backlog and provide guidance on team activities to ensure successful sprints
- Technology and Interoperability – Be the go-to person and champion for all issues related to product interoperability, APIs and technology, internally, with key clients and our partners. Track and maintain currency on leading industry integration, content, and interoperability standards. Intercept new and emerging technologies to ensure itslearning is at the forefront of technology in the education sector
- User needs – Work to ensure a deep understanding of what our users want to accomplish and how itslearning’s products play a part in those goals. Participate in international meetings, workshops and conferences with customers and industry experts to drive product development
- Product innovation – Contribute to the vision of how features and UX inside of the itslearning product can be enhanced and integrated into future versions of the platform. Work closely with others on the Product and Engineering teams to define that vision as work is undertaken on new platform functionality
- Communications on key projects – Communicate release activities, product strategy, backlog status, and all product issues to key stakeholders across itslearning. Consult on external communication of key product developments in partnership with Marketing
- Measurement – Create and maintain Key Performance Indicators for one or more feature areas and ensure our development work meets our strategic goals, drives feature and user adoption and satisfaction
- Representation – Represent the integration/API area at our user conferences, technical customer meetings and international standards bodies working groups (such as IMS).
- 2+ years’ experience in a Product Management, Developer or Architect role at an Internet/SaaS company
- Experience building web-based products and UIs with development teams in an Agile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to sit among users, technical colleagues and stakeholders and present each of their points of view as needed
- Some National and International travel required
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field
Please include an English version of your C.V. when applying.
itslearning is an education technology company that is experiencing rapid growth. Since 1999, they have been committed to be the leader in K-12 learning management systems (LMS). Their learning platform is used by millions of educators, students, parents and administrative staff worldwide, from K-12 to higher education. They are dedicated to education and are passionate about the success of each student.
The Renaissance Network, Inc. - Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education