Client Retention Manager, Seattle, WA (TRN1008)
Seattle, Washington United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Client Retention Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Client Company Summary:
Our client is a nonprofit working globally to prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Their research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 25,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children every year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
Assumes primary responsibility for proactive client retention and engagement for all the education market programs/products. Achieves retention and renewal objectives by developing and maintaining systems, processes, and communications that support ongoing client engagement and feedback loops and support consistent usage and quality implementation of our client’s programs and products. Prepares and completes retention action plans; resolves client problems; identifies market and customer trends; determines system improvements; and promotes the fidelity and efficacy of our client’s programs and services. This position is based in Seattle and serves clients primarily in the U.S. and/or Canada. Some travel may be required.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities:
Develop, Maintain, and Report on Renewal Systems and Processes – 75%
- Develop and implement the process for managing the end to end customer renewal cycle
- Create the communications framework to support customers across the renewal cycle
- Gather systems’ requirements related to ongoing customer engagement, feedback-gathering, and renewals
- Create and deliver training plan to client relations teams related to renewal systems and supports
- Communicate and uphold renewal processes, policies, and guidelines
- Participate in monthly, quarterly and annual planning activities including forecasting and retention metrics
- Work with marketing and client relations teams to ensure seamless renewal process
- Contribute to both marketing strategy and sales strategy and provide feedback related to customer retention
- Deliver analysis of renewal trends and performance, metrics dashboards for weekly tracking and monthly operational reviews
- Plan, organize, and implement account-level renewal plans appropriate to the K-12 education market, with responsibility to achieve client retention objectives
- Work with client relations to develop and maintain the customer base, using data to inform plans for specific accounts
- Maintain sales records as required within the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Develop deep personal knowledge of product offerings and market needs related to ongoing client relationships and other aspects of customer retention, acting as an ongoing consultant/advisor to product teams and client-facing staff
Client communications and engagement – 25%
- Adapt to changing product and market trends and assists existing customers in adapting to those changes (specifically, digital product purchase and implementation)
- Provide tools and communications to large schools, districts, and agencies regarding effective practices with our client's programs and services
- Ensure follow-up with clients to guarantee satisfaction with programs, products and/or services provided
- Develop and provide online meetings, webinars, campaigns, promotions, and other communications to support client engagement and retention
- Communicate accurate verbal and written information to existing clients regarding our programs and services
- Build positive, ongoing relationships with existing clients
- Assist clients and staff in resolving client problems and concerns
- Share client information, requests, and feedback with other departments
- Work closely with districts and school leaders as needed to develop ongoing relationships and maintain knowledge of client purchase and implementation practices and barriers
- Attend relevant conferences and events to build our client's brand and engage clients, encouraging and enhancing the use of our client's programs
- Attend and participate in tradeshows and conferences, developing presentations with partners and clients as needed to increase engagement with products and successful implementation techniques
- Work as part of a team to effectively carry out the work of the department and the organization as a whole
General Performance Factors:
- Demonstrate a customer service focus with internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Have consistent and regular attendance and work schedule.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor—the essential functions are not the exclusive requirements of this position.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in business or related field.
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with or leading renewal and/or retention teams and activities, preferably in a B2B environment
- Experience developing and implementing customer renewal and retention programs
- Proficiency with CRM
- 3+ years working directly with customers, preferably in B2B and/or education
- Experience with K-12 US education market
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and application of those skills in face-to-face, phone, and web-based interactions.
- The ability and propensity to listen carefully and critically.
- The ability to persuade and motivate others to action.
- The ability to work well independently.
- The ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment.
- The ability to prioritize, organize, and work effectively in a fast-paced and ever-changing/evolving environment.
- The ability to maintain accurate and detailed records.
- Heavy computer use in an office setting
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Position is based out of Seattle and may require some travel to other areas of the U.S. and Canada.
- Ability to lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds.
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.