Editor, North Kingstown, RI (TRN1017)
North Kingstown, Rhode Island United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Editor
Territory: North Kingstown, RI
Client Company Summary:
Since 1996, our client has specialized in providing hands-on, real-world classroom resources and teaching materials that put students in the front-line of the "real world." With today's information technology-based society, it is their belief (supported by extensive research) that students learn best by doing. The resources produced, published, and distributed by our client focus on helping business, health science, career and technology educators deliver “content so engaging that students don’t realize they are learning.”
As a core creator of Career and Technical Education (CTE) content and curriculum development, the Editor will be responsible for transforming Educator content into readable and digestible content for students in the classroom. This includes editing content at the ground-level—granularly tearing apart sentences and morphing them into consistent and knowledgeable paragraphs, chapters, books, etc. A successful Editor will be able to communicate confidentially with Academics, Educators, and follow author instructions.
This person has a passion for the English language and the ability to empathize with students and construct enjoyable content.
• Granularly editing content geared for students
• Work closely with authors and internal team members to construct CTE and curriculum content
• Editing, proofreading and feedback during all stages of publication
• Create marketing text for a variety of customer-facing resources – posters, catalogs, etc.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Superior writing and editing skills—technical writing skills a plus
• Can empathize with a student’s mindset and ability to comprehend and enjoy reading material
• Ability to meet strict deadlines
• Strong communication skills—experience with authors is preferred
• Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively prioritize work
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, web tools, Google Apps
• Positive outlook; team player
• Prior publishing and/or teaching experience preferred
• Familiarity with educational standards and correlations a plus
• 1 – 3 years editing background
• Bachelor's degree or higher
For immediate consideration, please attach a copy of your most recent resume.