International Vice President, Education, Portland, OR (TRN968)
Portland, Oregon United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: International Vice President (VP), Education
Location: Portland, OR
Client Company Summary: Our client develops market leading software solutions that connect people with computers and smart devices, using remote access, screen-sharing and video chat technologies. Millions of users count on our client’s products to make 100 million swift, secure and seamless connections every day. In education, our client’s software connects more than 6 million teachers and students, helping schools around the world transform education and improve learning outcomes with tools that make teaching with technology easier and more effective.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities:
Our client is seeking an experienced executive who can lead their Education Business Unit and build upon their established success with the goal of broadening their client base and growing revenue aggressively.
The VP will be responsible for directing and overseeing the global organization to ensure sales and profitability goals are achieved. The VP will initiate, direct and control new sales initiatives to capitalize on marketing activities. This position focuses on acquisition, retention, and profitability of customers, and oversees all sales and marketing objectives, policies, and programs associated with the company's products, programs, and/or services throughout the organization. The VP ensures that the product development team is on track with timely deliveries that are aligned with market trends, market value and the unique selling point of the solution.
The position is an independent role with full P/L responsibility reporting to the CEO. The International Vice President, Education will function as a member of the International Senior Management team.
The position will have the following direct reports (in 4 countries):
- Sales Directors in the US and EMEA
- Marketing Director
- Channel & OEM Director
- Product Director
- Development Director
- Expand business by proactively developing & implementing product, sales and marketing strategies to build new customer relationships
- Identify and prioritize new customer sales opportunities, based on the company's strategic plans and objectives
- Manage, develop and coach Sales Team and hold them accountable to meet specific objectives
- Identify the necessary information to establish the business requirements, define the product the product strategy with key stakeholders, go-to-market channels, competitive analysis, forecast budgets, and determine the profitability of each revenue streams
- Lead the Sales Team Leaders in the direct, channel and OEM channels
- Ensure the successful on-boarding of new sales channels and OEM partners
- Travel as required to coach, mentor and drive the performance of the Education teams
- Portray leadership by demonstrating confidence in self and others, effectively influence actions and opinions of others, accepts feedback from others, and give appropriate recognition to others
Required Skills and Experience:
- Working knowledge of Education sector is essential
- Experience in building and executing strategic software product plans
- Significant experience with inside sales operations in the US
- Experience with global sales operations
- Experience with global channel sales operations
- Existing network of district-level Education clients in the U.S.
- Existing working relationships with major IT companies
- 8+ years of strong experience managing international teams
- Demonstrated success building and leading sales teams
- A strong executive presence and high level of confidence
- A hungry individual with an innate sense of entrepreneurship and desire to independently solve business challenges with customized solutions
- Able to build relationships with all levels within an organization and drive change
- Demonstrated experience as a revenue generator; prior commissioned sales experience required
- Extensive knowledge of sales principles and practices and the ability to coach others on those disciplines
- Ability to use metrics to understand performance as it relates to the business
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree strongly preferred
For immediate consideration, please attach your most current resume.