Marketing Director, Reston, VA (TRN979)
Reston, Virginia US
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Since 1995, The Renaissance Network has helped companies grow strong sales, marketing and leadership teams. Our mission is to impact Education by providing targeted, specialized search and consulting services to uncover the best talent within the United States and across the world.
Job Title: Marketing Director
Location: Reston, VA
Client Company Summary:
Our client is the nation’s most established online creator, compiler, and curator of free learning assets. Since 1979, they’ve been building a loyal following of teachers—from novices to classroom veterans—giving them a new perspective on how to teach what they teach. As a 501(c)(3), our client believes that all teachers should have access to resources that enhance learning. They create high-quality, online educational content and services and make these resources available to early childhood and K-12 educators at no or low cost, and they have been doing so for more than 35 years.
Our client seeks an individual that desires to apply their creative talents and business savvy to help grow and enrich their engagement both with the communities they serve and from those whom they seek support. The Marketing Director is responsible to assure the successful execution of the company’s mission through the continuous creation, implementation, and analysis of marketing initiatives involving growth, promotion, and communication for our client and their programs. This individual must be a thinker, planner and doer. This is a dynamic position that requires expertise in all facets of the marketing process – and the creative industry – in order to produce best work. As our client is an online services provider, digital marketing know-how is a must; serving the education market, experience in an educational setting is a plus. The director will lead a small in-house team and be responsible to maximize their talents, manage workflow within the team and across programs, and oversee outsourced resources as required. This position will collaborate routinely with Program Directors for the support of our client's products and services, present output and recommendations to the CEO and Board, and report to the COO. The ideal candidate must have exceptional project management and leadership skills and proven abilities to develop, lead, and execute marketing program and activities.
- Ensure articulation of organization’s desired image and position and assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the organization and to all constituencies.
- Assist executive management with a strategic decision-making, prioritization process
- Develop comprehensive strategic and aligned program growth and marketing plans
- Develop and manage marketing budget(s)
- Lead editorial direction, creative design, production and distribution of all marketing materials and promotional campaigns
- Develop and measure key metrics for all programs and services including user acquisition, conversion rates, engagement rates, satisfaction and where applicable, renewal rates
- Leverage data analytics to inform and drive insights
- Perform market segmentation, competitive analysis/marketing intelligence, targeting and positioning for each product line
- Recommend and manage media channels and channel partners
- Conduct research and evaluation of vendor solutions and manage relationships
- Maintain knowledge of marketing trends, developments and best practices
- Identify areas for process improvement product/project management
- Manage and enhance CRM processes and technologies
- Oversee product roadmaps and development of new products/services
- Innovate - develop unique, new concepts
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing
- Deep understanding of changing market dynamics
- Passionate Customer Advocacy
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing marketing or advertising campaigns
- Familiarity with diverse business functions
- Excellent writing, oral communication, and presentation skills
- Minimum of 10 years of practice in the field with at least 3 years of managerial experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Business Communications, or related field; MS preferred
For immediate consideration, please attach your most current resume.