Marketing Lead, Norfolk, VA * (TRN1005)
Raleigh, North Carolina US
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Marketing Lead
Location: Norfolk, VA
Client Company Summary:
Our client is an education-focused consultancy that brings a unique blend of instructional and technical skills to the K-12 market. This company is quickly growing and becoming a major contributor in Education—working with over 3,750 schools and impacting over 16 million students.
Since 2008, this team of infrastructure and instructional consultants has assisted hundreds of education institutions worldwide to successfully adopt Google Suite and Chromebooks. In 2015, they were a Google Global Partner of the Year Nominee for Google Education and in 2016 were awarded the Google Cloud Americas Partner Award for EDU Customer Success.
Our client’s chief mission is to assist schools and partners to develop actionable road maps for Google for Education technology and to enable them to achieve their vision. Their top priority is to treat their customers, colleagues, and business partners with mutual respect and empathy. They strive to be innovative in both business and technology.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities:
Our client seeks an amazing, data-driven marketer to own the majority of the marketing funnel for their company. You will work directly with the Founders and Team leads to build out their marketing approach, processes and eventually a team.
Do you tweet, share, and post to social media in your sleep? Do you know what it takes to grow an online community? Are you a savvy wordsmith? Do you have a knack for getting the right emails into the right inboxes at the right times? Do you live to see those open and click-through rates climb higher and higher? Are you a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce various types of downloadable content and blog regularly? Then this job is for you!
The role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills as it will be a multi-threaded position. You will be charged with the following:
- Attracting new customers, converting that them into new leads for the business, and enabling the Customer Success team to nurture those leads to close into customers, the latter of which Director of Customer Success sales will help you accomplish.
- Managing social media accounts by implementing strategies and tactics that grow followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of the company. You should have command of best practices and trends in social media marketing, enjoy being creative, and understand how to both build and convert a digital audience.
- Expanding our client’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads by driving forward a new content marketing approach by building and managing a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to their owned properties (including blog posts, whitepapers, reports, webinars, infographics, etc.).
- Developing and tracking email campaigns to ultimately increase our client's email marketing success.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Build and manage the company’s social media profiles and presence, including Google +, Twitter, LinkedIn, and additional channels that may be deemed relevant.
- Create shareable content appropriate for specific networks to spread both the brand and content.
- Monitor and engage in relevant social discussions about the company, competitors, and/or industry, both from existing leads and customers as well as from brand new audiences.
- Run regular social promotions and campaigns and track their success (e.g., Twitter chats, LinkedIn discussions, etc.).
- Work alongside Team Leads to help distribute content that educates and entertains our client's audience and supports marketing goals.
- Drive consistent, relevant traffic and leads from our client's social network presence.
- Explore new ways to engage and identify new social networks to reach our client's audience..
- Create 1–2 free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote our client and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Grow the subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Collaborate with designers, partner marketing departments, the internal team, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our client's audience.
- Convince others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. Content Marketing is at the core of our client's marketing efforts, and others will rely on your work every single day.
- Grow email list organically, not through bought or rented lists.
- Manage various email campaigns, including the template designs, calls-to-action, and content used in email sends.
- Segment lists based on behaviors like past email engagement and website interactions (content downloads, site page visits, etc.).
- Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into customers.
- Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of the email sends.
- Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and promotions that succeed through email.
- Together with the team leads, educate both internal and external stakeholders about our client's product/services features and their benefits.
- Create product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts, Google+ community responses) to articulate the benefits of our client's products to the world.
- Assist members of the sales team on calls with prospects when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our client's product.
Managing Marketing Efforts
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads.
- Establish and maintain scalable processes that ensure best practices in campaign and lead management.
- Create and maintain metrics reports on marketing and sales activities, effectiveness, and business impact.
- Analyze marketing and sales data to develop insights and make recommendations on areas for optimization.
- Monitor and maintain data quality within the marketing database.
- Evaluate new technologies and add-on applications to improve and optimize marketing team performance.
- Build a team as initiatives become successful.
This position is based in Norfolk, VA. Relocation is available for the successful candidate. Please note that experience in education or start-up environment is required.
A Bachelor's degree or higher is also required
For immediate consideration, please attach your most current resume.