National Sales Manager, Flexible Location, U.S. (TRN1092)
Cincinnati, Ohio United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: National Sales Manager
Position Location: Flexible Location, U.S.
Client Company Summary:
Our client is one the oldest publishers of Catholic educational materials and faith formation resources in the United States. Known for their multimedia product offerings, including digital and bilingual resources, they are a major provider of religious education programs for Catholic schools and parishes. Their products support catechists, educators, students, families, and individuals with resources for Sacrament preparation, family life, catechist formation, and adult faith formation.
The team is committed to providing the highest quality products, programs, and services rooted in the Catholic faith tradition. They are customer focused and committed to enriching the lives of individuals, families, and communities worldwide.
The National Sales Manager has the primary responsibility of leading the existing sales team, adding a solutions-based selling structure, and growing revenue. This person will work closely with the President of the company and create, implement, and drive the sales strategy for the company. A successful National Sales Manager will have prior experience planning, reporting, quota setting and management of a macro pipeline, sales process optimization, sales training, sales program implementation, sales compensation design and administration, and recruiting and selection of sales force talent.
- Provides leadership to the sales organization, and counsel to the President, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the firm’s business goals
- Be the face of the company at trade shows and set a ‘lead-by-example’ culture for the organization
- Designs, implements, and manages sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes
- Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization
- Ensures planning, forecasting and budgeting efforts are appropriately integrated with other planning processes employed within the firm
- Works closely with senior sales leadership to define the optimal performance measurements and performance management programs required to ensure sales organization success.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years in sales leadership role managing sales executives and growing revenue is targeted regions
- Knowledge of the Education space and experience navigating the Catholic dioceses a must
- Proven sales experience with multi-year, complex sales packages
- Accountable for the on-time implementation of sales organization quotas and performance objectives
- Successfully met team sales quota objectives
- Achievement of strategic objectives defined by company management
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process, from lead generation to closing deals to developing client relationships – with proven success hitting or surpassing set quotas with their team
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter with strong work ethic
- Travel required – approximately 50%. Not a desk position; will be responsible for meeting regularly with the field sales team.
- Bachelor's Degree from a university or college required