Network Security Engineer, Newton, MA * (TRN947)
Newton, Massachusetts US
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists:
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Network Security Engineer - Education Software
Location: Newton, MA
Client Information: itslearning (www.itslearning.net)
The Renaissance Network is itslearning’s exclusive world-wide search partner.
For a complete listing of all of our searches together world-wide:
Client Company Summary:
itslearning is an international e-learning company for education with subsidiaries in 9 countries and partners in 6 countries. With more than 7 million active users, we are one of the fastest growing international technology companies. Our learning platform is used by millions of educators, students, and administrative staff worldwide. We are dedicated to education and are passionate about the success of each student.
In addition we provide a full range of educational services, from tailored implementation projects to hosting and support, and dedicate much of our total resource pool to product improvement.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for an experienced network security engineer, with the objective to ensure that itslearning's Software-as-a-Service solution is secure in every aspect.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of network, solutions and new technology initiatives.
- Advising and training application teams and technical architects on security design concepts.
- Periodically review our SaaS-solution in order to find potential areas of security weakness
- Put in place policies and monitor the solution for abnormal activity
- Propose, plan and audit the continuity architecture
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel
- Lead itslearning in the process to get information security certifications
- Support our sales and services organization on customer questions related to SaaS and information security
- Organize third-party security audits
Required Skills and Experience:
- Up-to-date on all aspects of Software-as-a-Service, information security and continuity solutions
- Able to perform security testing
- Scripting and monitoring
- ISO/SAS certification
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A positive attitude
- A structured approach
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
For immediate consideration, please attach a copy of your most recent resume.