Product Manager, Newton, MA (TRN1010)
Newton, Massachusetts United States
Job Title: Product Manager
Location: Newton, MA
Client Information: itslearning (www.itslearning.com)
The Renaissance Network is itslearning’s exclusive world-wide search partner.
Client Company Summary:
itslearning is an education technology company that is experiencing rapid growth. Since 1999, they have been committed to being the leader in K-12 learning management systems (LMS). Their learning platform is used by millions of educators, students, parents and administrative staff worldwide. They are dedicated to education and are passionate about the success of each student.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities:
Do you want to be part of a team that develops a product used by millions of teachers and learners around the world? If so, look no further!
This position will be responsible for driving innovation across product features, functionality and the user experience (teachers, students, parents & administrators). He/she will lead multiple sprint teams while working with stakeholders and the engineering team to define solutions that drive the business forward.
We offer a professionally challenging and rewarding position among colleagues who are ambitious and extremely good at what they do. itslearning prides itself on a strong professional environment where you have access to all the support you need to continue to grow & develop your career.
Key responsibilities include:
- Team leadership – Act as the product owner for 1-2 development teams using the Agile Scrum methodology. Define user stories, manage the backlog and provide guidance on team activities to ensure successful sprints.
- User needs – Work to ensure a deep understanding of what our users want to accomplish and how our products play a part in those goals. Participate in international meetings, workshops and conferences with customers and industry experts to drive product development.
- Product innovation – Contribute to the vision of how features inside of the itslearning product can be enhanced and integrated into future versions of the platform. Work closely with others on the Product and Engineering teams to define that vision as work is undertaken on new platform functionality.
- Communications on key projects – Communicate release activities, product strategy, project status, and all product issues to key stakeholders across itslearning.
- Measurement – Create and maintain Key Performance Indicators for one or more feature areas and ensure our development work meets our strategic goals, drives feature and user adoption and satisfaction.
- 5+ years experience in a Product Management role at an Internet/SaaS company, with experience building web-based products and UIs with development teams in an Agile environment.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations at all levels of management.
- A proven ability to conduct customer research – surveys, usability testing, user interviews, etc – and to translate research findings into impactful solutions.
- Understanding of the drivers for user adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to sit among users, technical colleagues and stakeholders and present each of their points of view as needed.
- The ability to identify and solve problems, take initiative, act collaboratively with team members and internal partners and influence cross-functionally without authority.
- Demonstrated success in executing on assignments successfully, with a great attention to detail and positive impact on others involved.
- Outstanding learning capabilities – you should have a talent and passion for learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related area of study and/or relevant experience.
- Experience in the education industry is a big plus.