Regional Account Manager, Seattle, WA (TRN1106)
2815 Second Avenue Suite 400 Seattle, Washington 98121 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Regional Account Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Client Company Summary:
Our client is a nonprofit working globally to prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Their research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 25,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children every year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
The Regional Account Manager assists in building and maintaining relationships with clients, providing sales support, order assistance, and remote and onsite client consultation. Primary duties include outbound and inbound communication with clients via email, telephone, webinar, and other web-based communications. The Regional Account Manager will also be responsible for creating and updating quotes, qualifying opportunities for Regional Territory Managers, assisting with conference preparation and attending conferences, supporting and participating in client visits, and hosting webinars and conducting remote and onsite workshops as needed. He or she will support regional sales action plans; aid in the gathering of information for state profiles; resolve client problems; identify regional opportunities; support process improvements; and promote the fidelity and efficacy of our client’s programs and services. This position is based in Seattle and supports territories within the U.S., requiring some travel.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities:
Account Management – 75%
- Support sales and implementation of complex programs, products and services, including hybrid, single purchase, and licensed/subscription offerings to new and existing customers in an assigned region utilizing proven client service and sales techniques.
- Work and communicate effectively with Regional Territory Managers, Client Support Services, and Client Relations Manager pertaining to client support and the needs of the region.
- Provide support to schools, districts, and agencies regarding effective practices with our client's programs and services.
- Communicate accurate, complete verbal and written information to prospective and existing clients regarding our client's programs and services.
- Calculate and prepare quotes and provide order support for customer requests.
- Provide follow-up with clients to ensure satisfaction with programs, products and/or services provided and assist clients and staff in resolving problems and concerns.
- Provide accurate and timely reports and maintain sales records and documentation within the CRM database for all opportunities, prospects, and customers.
- Assist new and existing customers in adapting to changes—including but not limited to digital product purchases, license renewals, and implementation strategies.
Territory and Account Development – 25%
- Support and implement Tier 2 account strategy to develop new and established client base and create new opportunities to capture additional business in the assigned region.
- Work closely with district and school leaders to develop ongoing relationships and maintain knowledge of client purchase and implementation practices and barriers.
- Support and participate in client visits and relevant conferences and events to build strategic alliances, promote client/prospect awareness, and enhance the acceptance of our client's programs and services.
- Develop knowledge of our client's product offerings and market needs, acting as an ongoing adviser for application of products in educational settings.
- Deliver customized onsite workshops and presentations about our client's programs and services as needed.
- Support identification of new opportunities to increase market share by providing online meetings, webinars, and other communications to support client acquisition and retention.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and success.
- Contribute to regional marketing strategy and provide feedback on trends and insights from the field.
General Performance Factors:
- Demonstrate a customer service focus with internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Aptitude for working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Have consistent and regular attendance and work schedule.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor—the essential functions are not the exclusive requirements of this position.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in education, business, social science, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of customer service, account management, and/or sales experience (educational field preferred).
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), database, and internet applications.
- 2 or more years’ experience working with a CRM (such as Infor CRM, SalesLogix, SalesForce).
- Previous experience hosting web meetings or webinars.
- Experience exhibiting at trade shows preferred.
- Experience working in K-12 education preferred.
- Strong customer focus, collaboration and team-building skills.
- Ability to support and maintain solid business relationships.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong face-to-face, phone, and web-based interactions.
- Ability to learn new software systems quickly.
- Experience with group speaking and presentation skills.
- Creative problem resolution and critical thinking skills.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability and willingness for travel on average 3-4 days per month. The number of travel days may increase or decrease depending on business needs.
- Position is based in Seattle and requires travel to other areas of the U.S. and Canada.
- Ability to lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds.
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.