Sales Executive, Flexible Location, U.S. * (TRN1088)
Orlando, Florida United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Sales Executive
Position Location: Flexible Location, U.S.
Client Company Summary:
Our client’s vision is to make the world’s classrooms smarter by giving teachers mobility in the classroom so they can deliver more personalized learning to improve student engagement outcomes. Headquartered in Australia, they are growing quickly in the United States with an energetic adoption of their product by teachers and school districts. Our client's focus of connecting teachers and students is centered around a wireless presentation and screen mirroring tool built exclusively for the education sector. It enables teachers and students to display, capture, annotate and save content in real time. With so many schools and universities adopting a “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) policy, they are compatible across all devices and operating systems.
The Sales Executive will be a critical component in driving new business sales within targeted territories in U.S. school districts. They will be looked at to champion and evangelize the product among teachers, CTOs, and key decision makers. A successful Sales Executive will have a unique ability to build long-standing relationships with key decision makers in school districts and schools to close new business. This individual must have strong hunting capabilities with past success driving new business in an Education organization.
- Responsible for the sales growth of a leading technology business expanding within the U.S. Education space
- Understand the difficulties that school districts and teachers face and demonstrate how the company’s curriculum technology benefits student-learning
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers within K-12 Education schools and districts
- Deliver professional sales presentations, both face-to-face and virtually, to demonstrate how the company’s technology can effectively improve student-learning
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets by developing new business
- Develop and maintain a full business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all key territory management
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of the pipeline, account plans, and territory management activities to drive new business growth
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of successful sales experience selling technology or curriculum to large schools and districts
- Proven sales experience with multi-year, complex sales packages
- Successful experience managing a field sales territory and managing clients through a full sales cycle
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process, from lead generation to closing deals to developing client relationships – with proven success hitting or surpassing set quotas
- Ability to negotiate deals which meets both parties' objectives
- Experience providing presentations demonstrating curriculum or technologies both online and face-to-face
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter with strong work ethic
- Regional travel required – approximately 30% - 40%
- Bachelor's Degree from a university or college required