Senior Sales Engineer, Flexible Location, US * (TRN1018)
Boston, Massachusetts United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Since 1995, The Renaissance Network has helped companies grow strong sales, marketing and leadership teams. Our mission is to impact Education by providing targeted, specialized search and consulting services to uncover the best talent within the United States and across the world.
Our team works closely with our partners to deliver creative strategies, market insight, and leadership experience in executive search—all geared to assist businesses when they navigate the intricacies of Education market hiring.
Whether we are working with our clients or our candidates, we believe in world-class customer service founded on uncompromised integrity and an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Job Title: Senior Sales Engineer
Location: Flexible Location, US
Client Company Summary:
Our client is innovating the way Higher Education institutions and modern-day employers analyze the skillsets and competencies of today’s students. Our client’s Learning Relationship Management (LRM) platform helps pave the way for real educational change. It is a platform that unifies learning management, student information, and social learning systems to support personalized learning that engages students.
Leveraging their sales skills, technical skills, presentation skills, deep product knowledge, and an awareness for the needs of our client's customers and their technical environments, the Senior Sales Engineer will uncover customer requirements, demonstrate our client's solution fit, answer customer questions and objections, and generally support the efforts of the sales team in cultivating and obtaining orders from customers. They’ll use their technical skills to explain the benefits of our client's products and services to potential customers and to show how our client's products and services are better than their competitors' products.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to customers and prospective customers. Establish standard company product demo’s for various audiences and product offerings and deliver those demo’s to customers both remotely and face to face as needed.Collaborates with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Takes an active role with the rest of the sales team in calling potential customers - cold calling – warm calling – hot calling – whatever it takes
- Supports the review of and response to RFP’s as necessary
- Develop customer's staff by providing technical information and training
- Help clients solve problems via our client's products and services offerings
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to marketing efforts as time allows and as agreed with the head of marketing
- Other sales and/or marketing duties as determined by your manager
- Minimum of 7 years selling technical products to the education market
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong presentations and selling skills; including team selling
- Solid technical understanding and product knowledge
- Direct experience as an educator a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
For immediate consideration, please attach your most current resume.