Senior Software Developer, Educational Learning Solutions - Newton, MA (TRN1024)
Newton, Massachusetts United States
Job Title: Senior Software Developer
Location: Newton, MA
Client Information: itslearning (www.itslearning.net)
The Renaissance Network is itslearning’s exclusive world-wide search partner.
Client Company Summary:
itslearning offers a professionally challenging and rewarding position among colleagues who are ambitious and extremely good at what they do and constantly working towards becoming even better. They pride themselves on a strong professional environment where you have access to all the support you need.
With more than 7 million active users, they are one of the fastest growing international technology companies. Millions of educators, students, and administrative staff worldwide make use their learning platform. Their dedication to education means they have the success of each individual student at heart.
Would you like to be part of a team that develops a product used by millions of teachers and learners around the world? If so, look no further!
itslearning is currently seeking an experienced, highly creative, and intellectually curious Senior Software Developer with a great passion for coding! They provide a product that impacts the daily lives of millions of people around the globe. To them, user- and customer satisfaction is their primary motivation and passion, and consequently they are looking for candidates who share our enthusiasm for putting the user front and center.
As a developer, you will join one of their fabulous scrum teams where you get to work with development within every layer of the itslearning SaaS web application – such as developing world-class user experience in the front-end as well as the back-end. Their scrum teams consist of 5–7 team members including testers. All of their scrum teams have either a dedicated scrum master or scrum coach to facilitate scrum work, in addition to a product owner to prioritise the backlog in collaboration with the team. Their teams, who are comprised of team members with different areas of expertise, are self-organised and 100% dedicated to sprint work.
Development involves using modern tools and libraries, including VS 2013, ReSharper, GIT, ASP.NET, C#, REST services, MySql, and front-end technologies.
Required skills and experiences:
- are an exceptional web developer who wants to make a difference in online education.
- are a developer who focuses on performant code with scalability in mind.
- do not tolerate bad user experience and desire to show the world how it should be done.
- are communicative, like to discuss solutions, and embrace code reviews as a means for both learning and teaching.
- would love to join a team consisting of exceptional team members.
- love a challenge and pursue innovative solutions
- at minimum a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar fields.
- the ability to communicate efficiently and tactfully both orally and in writing.
- well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- a positive and responsible attitude
- at least 4 years of software development experience
You are also:
- fluent in English
- experienced in web services: WCF, JSON, REST and SOAP
- experienced in developing web applications with C#
- experienced in agile development processes
- structured, detail oriented, and highly organized
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.