Business Development Manager, Seattle, WA (TRN1107)
2815 Second Avenue Suite 400 Seattle, Washington 98121 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Client Company Summary:
Our client is a nonprofit working globally to prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Their research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 25,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children every year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
The Business Development Manager assumes primary responsibility for identifying and cultivating strategic business relationships with channel partners selling to schools, districts, and educational institutions in the K-12 market. He or she will develop and refine sales and business development strategies to establish new sales channels and implement strategies to grow sales outcomes based on prospective partner needs and our client’s organizational objectives. The Business Development Manager will create and sustain a record of high sales achievement of quarterly and annual revenue objectives. He or she will identify key decision-makers and stakeholders, develop multi-level relationships, and establish credibility as a knowledgeable industry resource within key partner relationships. He or she will prepare and complete sales action plans; identify sales, market and distribution trends; determine sales system and process improvements; and promote the fidelity and efficacy of our client’s programs and services.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities:
Channel and Affiliate Partnership Development – 60%
- Develop roadmap for channel partner strategy by conducting market and competitive analysis to propose channel business models for existing and future our client's programs and services that maximize potential sales and distribution.
- Identify and prioritize specific channel segment opportunities by researching, qualifying, and contacting potential partners to discover and explore opportunities.
- Close new business partnerships by coordinating necessary requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements within current sales and business operations structure.
- Work with internal teams to execute on partnership needs, to include driving communication and marketing support for identified channel opportunities.
- Responsible for sales growth including market penetration and new opportunity development to achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue objectives.
- Identify and foster potential new sales generation opportunities for the organization.
- Attend and participate in conferences and events to network and build strategic alliances, promote partner/prospect awareness, and enhance awareness and distribution of our client's programs and services.
- Maintain and promote knowledge around our client's products, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment.
Partner Management – 25%
- Develop strategic plans to effectively and efficiently manage partner opportunities in the K-12 market and leverage our client’s portfolio of programs and services.
- Manage new and existing channel partners including evaluation, selection, contract negotiations, oversight of implementation activities, and ongoing relationships.
- Provide sales consultation, webinars, presentations, and trainings on our client’s programs and services to partners and prospects to assist in acquisition, support and retention.
- Provide regular communication and follow-up with partners to ensure satisfaction with programs, products and services provided and assist in resolving any problems or concerns.
- Provide regular reports and maintain accurate sales records within the CRM for all opportunities, prospects, and partners to accurately forecast sales and projections.
- Handle all business travel, presentations, logistics and paperwork.
Partner and Internal Consultation – 15%
- Develop deep knowledge of our client's program offerings, acting as an ongoing consultant/advisor for application of products in educational settings, new markets, and partner channels.
- Maintain an awareness of market and channel trends, competitor insight, industry developments, funding shifts and opportunities, and legislation by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
- Adapt to changing product and market trends and assist new and existing partners in adapting to those changes including but not limited to digital product purchases, license renewals, and implementation strategies.
- Contribute to marketing and communication strategies and shares relevant information with internal stakeholders regarding partner information, requests, feedback, potential new accounts, target organizations, and competitor’s practices.
General Performance Factors:
- Demonstrate a customer service focus with internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Aptitude for working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Have consistent and regular attendance and work schedule.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor—the essential functions are not the exclusive requirements of this position.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in education, business, social science, or related field. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of consultative sales and/or business development experience (educational sales preferred).
- Experience researching, identifying, negotiating, securing, and maintaining strategic partnerships and alliances.
- Proven track record of success in channel development, meeting and/or exceeding partnership and revenue goals a majority of years.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), database, and internet applications plus experience working with a CRM (such as Infor CRM, SalesLogix, SalesForce).
- Demonstrated competency related to creating and executing business strategies and driving results across internal teams and/or external partners.
- Ability to create and maintain strong business relationships within all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills to include ability to influence and persuade in face-to-face, phone, and web-based interactions.
- Demonstrated expertise with group speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Possess a strong customer focus, and the ability to manage change.
- Works well independently and maintains strong collaboration and team-building skills.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability and willingness for travel on average 7-10 days per month. The number of travel days may increase or decrease depending on business needs.
- Position is based in Seattle and requires travel to other areas of the U.S. and Canada.
- Ability to lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds.
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.