Territory Manager, Seattle, WA (TRN1009)
Seattle, Washington United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Sales Team Expansion Specialists
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Territory Manager
Location: Seattle, WA
Client Company Summary:
Our client is a nonprofit working globally to prevent bullying, violence, and child abuse. Their research-based social-emotional learning programs are used in more than 25,000 schools in 70 countries around the world. These programs help more than 10 million children every year stay safe, respect themselves and others, succeed in school today, and build a better world for tomorrow.
The Territory Manager assumes primary responsibility for proactive client acquisition, management of key accounts, and development of assigned territory or market segments. He or she will achieve sales objectives by maintaining existing client base, providing consultation and implementation support to new and existing clients, and creating new opportunities for growth with current and potential customers. The Territory Manager will create and execute business development strategies and sustain a record of high sales achievement. He or she will identify key decision-makers and stakeholders, develop multi-level relationships, and establish credibility as a knowledgeable industry resource within key accounts and target districts. He or she will prepare and complete sales action plans; resolve client problems; identify sales and market trends; determine sales system and process improvements; and promote the fidelity and efficacy of our client's programs and services.
Job Description and Major Responsibilities:
Territory Sales, Development, and Management – 60%
- Responsible for sales growth in assigned region including market penetration and new opportunity development to achieve or exceed quarterly and annual revenue objectives.
- Develops and executes comprehensive, strategic regional plans appropriate to the PreK-12 education market to accelerate customer adoption, extend reach, and achieve regional sales goals.
- Develops state business plans that focus efforts where the opportunity is greatest, factoring in state laws, district leadership, state and federal funding, and market penetration.
- Utilizes data to inform sales strategies and tactics.
- Focuses on pipeline management, account planning, relationship building, and understanding customer needs.
- Provides expertise and planning around territory development, focusing on key account acquisition and retention.
- Maintains knowledge around our client's products, the educational industry, and factors influencing the market environment.
- Attends and participates in national and regional conferences and events to build strategic alliances, promote client/prospect awareness, develop presentations with strategic partners and clients, and enhance the awareness of our client’s programs and services.
Account Management (Key/Tier 1 Accounts) – 25%
- Creates and implements creative large and key account strategies to establish a client base and create new opportunities to capture business.
- Sells programs, products and services, including hybrid, single purchase, and licensed/subscription offerings to new and existing customers in an assigned region utilizing proven sales techniques.
- Identifies and qualifies new opportunities to increase market share by providing online meetings, webinars, and other communications to support client acquisition and retention.
- Provides consultation, sales presentations, and trainings to large schools, districts, and agencies regarding effective practices with our client's programs and services.
- Communicates accurate, complete verbal and written information to prospective and existing clients regarding our programs and services.
- Provides follow-up with clients to ensure satisfaction with programs, products and/or services provided and assist clients and staff in resolving problems and concerns.
- Provides accurate and timely reports and maintain regional sales opportunity pipeline to accurately forecast sales projections.
- Maintains accurate sales records within the CRM database for all opportunities, prospects, and customers.
- Handles all business travel and presentation logistics and paperwork.
Client and Internal Consultation – 15%
- Develops deep personal knowledge of our client's product offerings and market needs, acting as an ongoing consultant/advisor for application of products in educational settings.
- Provide consultative, in-depth guidance for implementation strategies of a research-based suite of products/applications in educational and community settings.
- Works closely with district and school leaders remotely and in person to develop ongoing relationships and maintain knowledge of client purchase and implementation practices and barriers.
- Adapt to changing product and market trends and assists new and existing customers in adapting to those changes including but not limited to digital product purchases, license renewals, and implementation strategies.
- Contributes to regional marketing strategies and shares relevant information with internal stakeholders regarding client information, requests, feedback, potential new accounts, target companies, and competitor’s practices.
- Develops a solid understanding of the needs/requirements within the assigned territory around product, funding, and legislation, and share that knowledge with internal teams to improve effectiveness of marketing, communications, and product development.
- Maintain knowledge base of education market trends, competitor insight, industry developments, national and state funding policies, and legislation.
General Performance Factors:
- Demonstrate a customer service focus with internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Aptitude for working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Have consistent and regular attendance and work schedule.
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor—the essential functions are not the exclusive requirements of this position.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in education, business, social science, or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years of consultative sales experience (educational sales preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the education field or selling to the PreK–12 educational market.
- Proven track record of sales success, meeting and/or exceeding sales goals a majority of years.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), database, and internet applications plus experience working with a CRM (such as Infor CRM, SalesLogix, SalesForce).
- Ability to create and maintain strong business relationships within all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated success managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, self-directed environment.
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills to include ability to influence and persuade in face-to-face, phone, and web-based interactions.
- Demonstrated expertise with group speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Possess a strong customer focus, and the ability to manage change.
- Works well independently and maintains strong collaboration and team-building skills.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability and willingness for travel on average 7-10 days per month. The number of travel days may increase or decrease depending on business needs.
- Position is based in Seattle and requires travel to other areas of the U.S. and Canada.
- Ability to lift, move, and carry up to 50 pounds.
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.