UX Designer, Educational Learning Solutions , Bergen (TRN1000)
Bergen, Hordaland NO
Job Title: UX Designer
Location: Bergen, Norway
Client Information: itslearning (www.itslearning.net)
The Renaissance Network is itslearning’s exclusive world-wide search partner.
Client Company Summary:
itslearning is a cloud-based learning platform used by millions of people around the world. It can be found at all levels of education, from primary schools to universities, helping teachers make education more inspiring and valuable for today’s students.
In addition they provide a full range of educational services, from tailored implementation projects to hosting and support, and dedicate much of their total resource pool to product improvement. Established in 1999, they have US headquarters Boston, MA and global headquarters in Bergen, Norway.
Are you our new UX designer?
itslearning, a leading Learning Management System, is looking for a designer to join our global User Experience team. The designer will be responsible for creating innovative and world class user experiences for our customers and users throughout the world. He/she will work closely with customers, product owners, developers and other designers. Awareness of different stakeholder’s needs is important, as well as a strong interest in teaching and learning.
We offer a professionally challenging and rewarding position among colleagues who are ambitious and extremely good at what they do. itslearning prides itself on a strong professional environment where you have access to all the support you need to continue to grow & develop your career.
Who You Are
- You have a solid understanding of good design methodology and know how to use it.
- You have a strong interest in leveraging design thinking in the product development process.
- You are passionate about user research and communicating usability findings.
- You are passionate about good design and determined to simplify the user experience.
- You get things done and are not afraid to speak your mind.
- You are do not shy away from design debates.
- You have a strong visual language.
What You Will Do
- Facilitate design processes where people with different backgrounds, interests and skills participate.
- Shape user stories and scenarios to scope problems, and actively participate in design exploration exercises with the team to define possible solutions.
- Analyse findings and turn them into design prototypes.
- Work with people with different backgrounds in an international environment.
- Work as a member of the UX design team, cooperating with our product owners and developers to design and deliver world class UX.
- Facilitate workshops and conduct user tests with customers and end-users.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design-related field.
- You can present a strong portfolio of mockups and prototypes.
- You are proficient with design tools and methods.
- You are familiar with methods for agile development.
- You have solid visual and aesthetic design skills to create final design for implementation.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Please include an English version of your C.V. when applying.