Vice President of Sales, Flexible Location * (TRN1103)
New York, New York United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Vice President of Sales
Position Location: Flexible Location, U.S.
Client Company Summary:
Our client’s vision is to make the world’s classrooms smarter by giving teachers mobility in the classroom so they can deliver more personalized learning to improve student engagement outcomes. Headquartered in Australia, they are growing quickly in the United States with an energetic adoption of their product by teachers and school districts. Our client's focus of connecting teachers and students is centered around a wireless presentation and screen mirroring tool built exclusively for the education sector. It enables teachers and students to display, capture, annotate and save content in real time. With so many schools and universities adopting a “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) policy, they are compatible across all devices and operating systems.
The Vice President of Sales will be the leading component in driving new business sales in targeted territories in U.S. school districts. A successful VP of Sales will guide the growing field team and act as a “player/coach” helping set an established and scalable infrastructure in the U.S. The VP of Sales will work closely with the executive team in Australia to help establish a proper strategic direction and execution plan to drive and grow the company’s mission in the U.S. The VP of Sales will be mission driven with a proven entrepreneurial mindset.
- Responsible for the sales of K-12 educational software solutions into K-12 school districts and school systems nationally.
- Responsible for the growth and management of the sales team, revenue and market-share.
- Carry your own book of business and serve as a "player/coach" for the team.
- Work with the executive team to strategize big picture, tactical plans and execute on these plans to deliver explosive growth throughout the region.
- Devise strategies in collaboration with senior management for overall sales direction and support.
- Develop account plans and manage sales pipeline to achieve sales targets and drive successful results.
- Work with school administrators and educators to provide them with tailored solutions.
- Actively engage in business development activities including attending tradeshows, sales meetings and workshops.
- Inspire, manage, lead and grow sales team.
- Achieve defined sales objectives.
- Maintain pipeline of forecasted opportunities.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Strategic, hands-on sales leader with a proven track record of sales growth within the K-12 market.
- Demonstrable passion about the Education market.
- Strong track record of quota attainment both in an individual contributor and managerial role.
- Positive leadership skills and the ability to take responsibility for growing and developing a high performing sales team.
- Collaborative, team-building leadership style.
- Experience with and ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, growing environment.
- Energetic, self-starter with strong work ethic and excellent track record of success.
- Excellent business and technical knowledge with exceptional presentation skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills.
- BA/BS required.
Compensation: Competitive base salary with aggressive commission plan.