Administrative Assistant, Brighton (part-time) (TRN1116)
Brighton, Massachusetts 02135 United States
Position Title: Administrative Assistant - Part Time
Location: Brighton, MA
The mission of Gifford Cat Shelter is to provide a safe haven for abandoned, stray, abused, neglected, unwanted and injured cats with the goal of re-homing and ending the needless killing of community and companion cats. Founded in 1884 and sponsored by Ellen Gifford, the shelter was a pioneer in creating an environment that did not confine animals to small, movement-restricting cages. Originally a shelter for all animals, Gifford eventually became a shelter for cats.
They seek staff who thrive on giving all animals within their care the best possible care their resources permit; who will show compassion and understanding to every animal and person who comes their way; who will perform tasks in an effective and efficient manner; who will conduct themselves in ways that will create a positive work environment that will be beneficial to the animals they serve, to the public and to each other.
You will be responsible for (but not limited to):
- Coordinating and overseeing mailings for fundraising and newsletters
- Assisting with maintenance of the donor database
- Tracking all donations and sending thank you letters to all donors
- Assisting with planning and logistics for multiple fundraisers to be held throughout the year
- Acting as a back-up for on-site cat care coverage
We are seeking someone who is:
- Proactive, highly structured, and forward thinking
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Experienced with multiple software packages such as Word (mail merge) and Excel; Salesforce a plus
- Outgoing and friendly; comfortable speaking to new people
- Passionate about cats with the ability to do hands on cat care (or a willingness to learn)
- Available to work some weekends
Please submit a copy of your most recent resume when applying.