Business Development Director - Institutional Business (TRN1104)
400 Manley St West Bridgewater, Massachusetts 02379 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Business Development Director, Institutional Business
Position Location: West Bridgewater, MA
Client Company Summary:
In business for over 25 years, our client is one of the nation’s largest providers of home study Continuing Education to Nurses. They also serve many other healthcare professions, including Dentists, Dental Hygienists, Social Workers, Psychologists, Counselors, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapists, Radiology Technologists, Pharmacists, Speech Pathologists, and Dietitians. Our client is accredited by the most highly-respected national accrediting organizations in each profession they serve. Our client's more than 700 courses, varying from 1 to 30 hours of CE credits, are written by highly-credentialed, subject-matter experts and are peer–reviewed by authorities in each topic area. These courses are well-researched and referenced and revised on a 3-year cycle. Our client's employees and professional advisers are committed to maintaining unequaled quality within the industry.
The Business Development Director will develop the institutional side of our client's continuing education business. As a primarily direct-to-consumer business, our client is developing a strong presence in the healthcare industry by marketing and selling their continuing education content to healthcare institutions that will then disseminate that content to licensed healthcare professionals on their staffs. The Business Development Director will have total responsibility for creating a revenue stream for this fledgling “Business to Business” segment. This position is strategic in nature but calls for a fair amount of pipeline development. This role requires developing new relationships with healthcare organizations on a national scale and closing new business. A successful Business Development Director will be entrepreneurial in nature with proven success in building new revenues, crafting new marketing messages, and adding sales structure at the infancy stages of a growing division.
- Work with the President to develop and implement a sales strategy
- Hunt and close new business
- Source, evaluate, and recommend business development opportunities that support business growth strategy
- Screen potential organizations by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, and financials
- Work with all functional departments to suggest improvements with current the system, resolve internal issues and work with IT to prioritize problems
- Develop and maintain a sales database including setting alerts for follow-up, lead tracking and pipeline development
- Represent “voice of the customer” to management
- Develop collaborative and productive relationships with key internal functions such as Finance, E-Comm, Marketing and the IT/Programming support team.
- Update knowledge of the industry by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Work with the marketing team on crafting a new sales message for the B2B market
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Surpassed sales quotas; expertise with a proven sale methodology
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with ability to work well under pressure while adhering to project deadlines.
- Experience in developing and negotiating contracts and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Strong time, project management, organizational and writing skills
- Ability to rapidly learn and gain mastery of proprietary software systems
- Highly productive, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Strong interest in eLearning and mobile computing
- Team player with ability to work collaboratively in the organization
- Strong sense of ownership and pride in the work produced
- Ability to improve and streamline workload operations and processes
- Excellent in person and telephone communication skills – the position requires high-quality customer consultations and presentations
- Strong user of Microsoft Office
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Experience in developing businesses from the ground up a plus
- Strong interest in technology, publishing, and online learning
- Knowledge of health professions a plus but not necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent