Field Sales Executive, School Market, Corpus Christi, TX * #1192
Corpus Christi, TX 78401 US
Field Sales Executive, Schools, Corpus Christi, TX
Are you looking to join an established and growing company with national presence in the publishing industry?
The Field Sales Executive will be a critical component in driving new business sales within targeted territories across several verticals. A successful Field Sales Executive will be looked at to champion and evangelize the product among key decision makers and build relationships that generate recurring business over time. This position is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious mid-career sales professional to advance their career at an established company in an exciting space!
Job Description/Major Responsibilities:
- Maximize the sales of our client's products to existing and new accounts in an assigned geographic territory, to grow business
- Contact, sell and service teachers and administrators in middle schools, high schools, career and technical schools
- Achieve sales target for an assigned geographic territory by effectively communicating with customers, planning sales coverage, managing resources, selling and servicing accounts via phone, email and social media
- Build strong and lasting relationships with customers by continually providing product information, news service and support
- Research school/district information to maintain current customer database information
- Work with the RSM to insure alignment with overall sales strategy
- Research and report customer and market information within assigned geographic territory
- Provide initial technical support for digital products and services
- Work with various internal departments to leverage products and develop new sales tools
- Travel and make presentations to schools in assigned territory; Provide and make webinar presentations to customers as needed
- Maintain accurate CRM records
- Five years of previous outside sales experience required
- Experience and proficiency in analyzing data to identify trends and opportunities
- Proficiency in speaking and presenting to large groups and key decision makers as well as able to answer business related questions and concerns
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated, and highly energetic
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook programs
- Must have working knowledge of Business Enterprise Systems and Contact Management software
- Must possess sufficient ability and computer literacy skills to learn and become proficient with the company’s customer relationship management software
- Be able to use web based presentation tools, for example: GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Uber Conference
- BA/BS required
Compensation: Competitive base salary with commission and benefits
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.
Our client publishes both print and digital textbooks while also producing online courses and other instructional resources that provide a complete classroom solution for the career and technical education market. With subject-appropriate titles for middle school, high school, higher education, and professional training, they are recognized as a go-to source for career and technical education content.
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Product Manager- Erie, PA
Can you bring your knowledge of education theory, learning design, or digital instruction to the Product Manager role with Larson Texts?
Larson Texts is seeking a highly motivated Product Manager to join their technology team in Pennsylvania. Larson Texts innovative team is continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. This position works with department leaders to shape and execute the vision for all digital products, ensuring they meet pedagogical, technical, and sales requirements. The Product Manager will work creatively and pragmatically to conserve resources and engage the product line’s potential audience.
Job Description/Major Responsibilities
- Oversee digital products through development and implementation to ensure specifications are met and products work well
- Propose digital product ideas and suggest improvements to current products
- Work with internal stakeholders to define digital products and features
- Work with editorial teams to ensure digital learning content meets pedagogical standards and employs sound instructional design
- Research competitive digital products and educational technology trends
- Gather product input and ideas from current customers, sales teams, and advisory groups
- Prepare scope documents detailing the goals, objectives, and requirements of digital products and features
- Prepare focus groups to gain understanding of customer needs
- Track decisions and document requests, scope changes, and feature enhancements throughout the lifespan of the product
- Work with technology team to ensure feasibility of proposed digital products
- Create and test user prototypes of digital products
- Schedule and lead meetings with internal stakeholders and external partners
- Research and recommend potential product partners or vendors
- Effectively communicate product specifications and feedback to vendors
- Provide thoughtful, thorough reports and recommendations to the Vice President of Technology
- Experience in education technology required, K-12 preferred
- Knowledge of education theory, learning design, and/or best practices in digital instruction preferred
- Possesses exceptional listening, writing, and presentation skills
- Resourceful and motivated to ask questions and solve problems
- Demonstrates commitment to product success with integrity, strong work ethic, professionalism, and a team-oriented attitude
- Bachelor's degree in educational technology, learning design, or product design or similar
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume
Larson Texts, Inc., and its subsidiary Big Ideas Learning LLC, produce student-friendly, market-leading math textbooks that are used by over five million students each year. For almost 40 years, Larson Texts has been deeply committed to providing innovative and coherent print and digital materials to the education community. We create educational materials for students and teachers that foster a deep understanding of and appreciation for mathematics.
The Renaissance Network - Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education