Field Sales Executive, School Market, Houston, TX #1145
Houston, TX 77005 US
Field Sales Executive, Schools, Houston, TX
Are you looking to join an established and growing company with national presence in the publishing industry?
The Field Sales Executive will be a critical component in driving new business sales within targeted territories across several verticals. A successful Field Sales Executive will be looked at to champion and evangelize the product among key decision makers and build relationships that generate recurring business over time. This position is an outstanding opportunity for an ambitious mid-career sales professional to advance their career at an established company in an exciting space!
Job Description/Major Responsibilities:
- Maximize the sales of our client's products to existing and new accounts in an assigned geographic territory, to grow business
- Contact, sell and service teachers and administrators in middle schools, high schools, career and technical schools
- Achieve sales target for an assigned geographic territory by effectively communicating with customers, planning sales coverage, managing resources, selling and servicing accounts via phone, email and social media
- Build strong and lasting relationships with customers by continually providing product information, news service and support
- Research school/district information to maintain current customer database information
- Work with the RSM to insure alignment with overall sales strategy
- Research and report customer and market information within assigned geographic territory
- Provide initial technical support for digital products and services
- Work with various internal departments to leverage products and develop new sales tools
- Travel and make presentations to schools in assigned territory; Provide and make webinar presentations to customers as needed
- Maintain accurate CRM records
Required Skills and Experience:
- Five years of previous outside sales experience required
- Experience and proficiency in analyzing data to identify trends and opportunities
- Proficiency in speaking and presenting to large groups and key decision makers as well as able to answer business related questions and concerns
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully with a variety of people.
- Must be well-organized, self-motivated, and highly energetic
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office required, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook programs
- Must have working knowledge of Business Enterprise Systems and Contact Management software
- Must possess sufficient ability and computer literacy skills to learn and become proficient with the company’s customer relationship management software
- Be able to use web based presentation tools, for example: GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Uber Conference
- BA/BS required
Compensation: Competitive base salary with commission and benefits.
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.
Our client publishes both print and digital textbooks while also producing online courses and other instructional resources that provide a complete classroom solution for the career and technical education market. With subject-appropriate titles for middle school, high school, higher education, and professional training, they are recognized as a go-to source for career and technical education content.
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology