Partnership Manager, Boston, MA (TRN1130)
Boston, Massachusetts 02116 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Partnership Manager
Position Location: Boston, MA
Client Company Summary:
For more than 35 years, our client has been working with teachers and educational specialists to provide solutions and resources that are used in the classroom to bring subjects to life and make learning fun. While exam scores may continue to dominate education agendas, research shows that greater benefits can be leveraged by focusing on applying knowledge to expand learning rather than acquiring knowledge to pass examinations. The role of educators is changing. Their portfolio inspires interest in Preschool, Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Computer Science. With educational sets, activity packs, teacher resources and programming tools they can make learning inspiring and meet your curriculum needs.
As the Partnership Manager, you will work closely with external commercial partners, academia, and your colleagues in both Boston and Billund in designing new play and learning experiences - building on the physical brick, and adding new dimensions to the learning experience – ultimately delivering broader and deeper relevance for in-school and after-school students. As a partnership manager, you are the go-to person around partner capabilities and opportunities. You will liaise with our client’s internal groups, partner universities, and commercial partners to help their concepts come to life.
Your primary goal is to stay on top of partner’s innovation initiatives and create transparency in their operating model and experience. Also, you will be part of the effort of mapping the opportunities to new experiences that partners bring to the table, ensuring a clear overview of the opportunity space – and nurturing this into concrete concepts.
For all partners, you will know what good results look like. You will visualize end results and the road to success, follow up on plans, and ensure proper contingency to achieve success.
Our client works in small agile teams and your contribution is to make it real and help communicate the ideas both internally and to partners. The best way to communicate it is to “make it real!”
As a successful Partnership Manager, you will likely have a background in business or product management, possibly with a digital or design background. You have proven yourself able to drive projects forward to concrete business results and be a strong visual communicator.
- Liaise between internal groups, partner universities and commercial partners, helping them bring their concepts to life through designing and thinking through the mutual development process
- Drive the effort of mapping the opportunities for new experiences that partners bring to the table, ensuring a clear overview of the opportunity space – and mature this into concrete concepts and lead the maturing of each together with the partners
- Manage top partners' innovation efforts and create transparency on their operating model and experience
- Work with small, agile teams to implement new innovative learning experiences through partnerships, including providing awareness and communicating ideas to internal and external partners
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of partnership management experience
- A proven track record of delivering results through partnerships, where new business has been developed and delivered for both partners
- Ability to work across the organization with multiple stakeholders in a collaborative way
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and an ambitious, competitive drive
- Ability to work independently and creatively to reach targets
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required - major in design, engineering, or business preferred