Product Manager, Mobile - Bergen, Norway (TRN1061)
Bergen, Hordaland 5836 Norway
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Product Manager, Mobile
Location: Bergen, Norway
Client Information: itslearning (www.itslearning.com)
The Renaissance Network is itslearning’s exclusive world-wide search partner.
Client Company Summary:
itslearning is an education technology company that is experiencing rapid growth. Since 1999, they have been committed to being the leader in K-12 learning management systems (LMS). Their learning platform is used by millions of educators, students, parents and administrative staff worldwide. They are dedicated to education and are passionate about the success of each student.
Do you want to be part of a team that develops a product used by millions of teachers and learners around the world? If so, look no further!
This position will be responsible for driving innovation across multiple mobile applications for teachers, students, parents and administrators. The candidate will lead the work on multiple native apps while working with stakeholders and the engineering team to define great mobile solutions that will drive itslearning's business forward.
They have multiple apps across iOS and Android devices, being used by their millions of users across the globe. You will be working with a strong team of mobile developers and designers in a professionally challenging and rewarding environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Team leadership – Act as the product owner for 1-2 development teams using the Agile Scrum methodology. Define user stories, manage the backlog and provide guidance on team activities to ensure successful sprints.
- User needs – Work to ensure a deep understanding of what itslearning's users want to accomplish and how their native apps play a part in those goals. Participate in international meetings, workshops and conferences with customers and industry experts to drive product development.
- Product innovation – Contribute to the vision of how native apps can enhance and bring value to customers, user and the company. Work closely with others on the Product and Engineering teams to define that vision as work is undertaken on new mobile solutions.
- Communications on key projects – Communicate release activities, product strategy, backlog status, and all product issues to key stakeholders across itslearning. Consult on external communication of key product developments in partnership with Marketing.
- Measurement – Create and maintain Key Performance Indicators for itslearning's native apps and ensure their development work meets their strategic goals, drives feature and user adoption and satisfaction.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years’ experience in a Product Management role at an Internet/SaaS company, with experience building native apps and UIs with development teams in an Agile environment.
- Strong project management skills with attention to detail and situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations at all levels of management.
- Thrilled about meeting our users and customers to do usability testing, learn about their needs, and to translate these into impactful solutions.
- Understanding of the drivers for user adoption and customer satisfaction.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to sit among users, technical colleagues and stakeholders and present each of their points of view as needed.
- The ability to identify and solve problems, take initiative, act collaboratively with team members and internal partners and influence cross-functionally without authority.
- Demonstrated success in executing on assignments successfully, with a great attention to detail and positive impact on others involved.
- Outstanding learning capabilities – you should have a talent and passion for learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or related area of study and/or relevant experience.
- Know your way around Jira or similar project/requirement management software
- Experience in the education industry is a big plus.
- Fluent in English
Please include an English version of your C.V. when applying.