RFP Writer, Boston, MA (TRN1127)
Boston, Massachusetts 02116 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: RFP Writer
Position Location: Boston, MA
Client Company Summary:
For more than 35 years, our client has been working with teachers and educational specialists to provide solutions and resources that are used in the classroom to bring subjects to life and make learning fun. While exam scores may continue to dominate education agendas, research shows that greater benefits can be leveraged by focusing on applying knowledge to expand learning rather than acquiring knowledge to pass examinations. The role of educators is changing. Their portfolio inspires interest in Preschool, Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Computer Science. With educational sets, activity packs, teacher resources and programming tools they can make learning inspiring and meet your curriculum needs.
The RFP Writer will respond to RFP’s and other bids in order to assist the sales organization to participate in school-wide, district-wide, and state-wide opportunities. The position will monitor incoming RFP and bid requests for relevance and will advise management on which to pursue. In addition, the RFP Writer will contribute to our client as a thought leader around what types of resources and materials are needed to be competitive and successful in winning bids. This position will participate widely throughout the organization, working with Sales, Marketing and our client's Global teams to make sure that our client remains ahead of the competition and is fully prepared for upcoming trends and initiatives in the US Education market.
- Monitor RFP’s and bid opportunities across the US Educational landscape to ensure that our client can maximize those opportunities
- Draft compelling bid responses to maximize the reach of our client's products for students
- Act as a thought leader across the organization
- Review RFP and contract documents to ensure compliance with all legal requirements, as well as operational support requirements
- Track and monitor contractual agreements to ensure compliance and timely renewal or renegotiation
- Seek out and identify new channels through which our client can expand its market presence
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience in RFP response, either with a similar role in another organization, or elsewhere in the education industry
- Solid knowledge of US education market, curriculum standards, funding streams, procurement practices and channels.
- Superb writing skills, ability to make strong cases and write persuasively
- Ability to work across the organization with multiple stakeholders in a collaborative way
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and an ambitious, competitive drive
- Strong attention to detail and ability to understand implications of legal requirements
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to travel occasionally
- MS Office skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent professional experience in specific field
- Must be fluent in English - Spanish language proficiency a plus