Regional Sales Manager, Southeast * (TRN1133)
Nashville, Tennessee 37204 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Southeast Regional Sales Manager
Position Location: Remote - GA, KY, MS, NC, SC and TN
Client Company Summary:
For more than 35 years, our client has been working with teachers and educational specialists to provide solutions and resources that are used in the classroom to bring subjects to life and make learning fun. While exam scores may continue to dominate education agendas, research shows that greater benefits can be leveraged by focusing on applying knowledge to expand learning rather than acquiring knowledge to pass examinations. The role of educators is changing. Their portfolio inspires interest in Preschool, Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Computer Science. With educational sets, activity packs, teacher resources and programming tools they can make learning inspiring and meet your curriculum needs.
The Regional Sales Manager will be a key contributor to the growth and expansion of our client’s business and impact in mid-sized school systems nation-wide. A Regional Sales Manager will identify key opportunities for extending our client’s reach within 200- 300 school districts in a defined region. The Regional Sales Manager will develop a strategic engagement plan for the territory, focused on developing and closing high growth customer opportunities, develop and nurture district-wide adoption success stories, and establish strong, trusted relationships with key stakeholders in the region. The territory coverage for this role will include GA, KY, MS, NC, SC and TN
- Build long-term, trusted relationships with key stakeholders, managing a complex sale that positions our client as the leader in Hands-on learning experiences in K12.
- Provide strategic solutions and understand a complex customer that includes instructional stakeholders, district leadership, community partners, and classroom teachers.
- Create contacts and drive sales process at the mid-level sized districts, managing and developing relationships from the senior leadership level of the school, system to the classroom champions.
- Meet and exceed annual revenue targets, as well as maintain market share and profitability in accordance with annual plans and budget.
- Support the process of accurately and smoothly handing off customers from Sales to our Services organization after the close of a complex sale.
- Make product presentations to customers and prospects. Follow up all leads and proposals within approved guidelines.
- Maintain and Expand the organization’s initiatives with current customers and build success stories that will generate new customers.
- Deliver High-Quality solution demonstrations, product presentations, and needs analysis.
- Ensure communication to the market adheres the organization’s framework, guidelines and core values.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years’ professional experience, with a minimum of 5 years consultative sales experience.
- Priority given to candidates with proven track record in driving complex sales / consulting solutions to K12 School Systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively horizontally and vertically across school systems, from, including district and school leadership, teachers and curriculum leads.
- Ability to provide strategic solutions and understand a complex customer that includes instructional stakeholders, district leadership, community partners, and classroom teachers.
- Proven ability to engage effectively at the executive-level, both internally and externally.
- Can identify market opportunities, cultivate interest, negotiate terms, and close sales.
- Impeccable professionalism and excellent relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be self-motivating, as part of a team in support of strategic and large value accounts.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a short period of time, handle multiple priorities simultaneously and operate in a demanding work environment is important.
- Must be results oriented and demonstrate a proven track record of success.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Ability to travel up to 50% to support sales and visits with clients.