Sales Executive, West Coast (TRN1124)
Los Angeles, California 90027 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Sales Executive, West Coast
Position Location: Flexible Location - West Coast
Client Company Summary:
Our client is a global leader in online and offline text-to-speech (TTS) technology with 200+ high quality, lifelike voices in over 50 languages, allowing for speech-enablement of content in real time. Thousands of corporate, education, media, government, and not-for-profit customers worldwide use our client’s online and offline text to speech solutions. Our unique end-to-end technology allows control for real-time adjustments to provide a better user experience with constantly improving voices. Adopted by thousands of websites and mobile apps, our web and online document reading solutions enable millions of users to listen to content on all kinds of devices. Our client also provides TTS licenses allowing text to speech to be embedded into any device or software or installed on locally hosted servers.
The Sales Executive will be critical component in driving new business sales within targeted territories at the K12 and Higher Education schools. A successful Sales Executive will be looked at to champion and evangelize the product among key decision makers and build relationships that generate recurring business overtime. This individual must have strong hunting capabilities with past success driving new business in an Education organization.This individual will also have a small account management function to farm existing business and maintain built-up relationships to sustain growth efforts.
- Responsible for the sales growth of a leading technology business expanding within the U.S. Education space.
- Understand the difficulties that school districts, teachers, and Higher Education institutions face and demonstrate how the company’s technology benefits student-learning.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers within K-12 Education schools, districts, and Higher Education institutions.
- Deliver professional sales presentations, both face-to-face and virtually, to demonstrate how the company’s technology can effectively improve student-learning.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets by developing new business.
- Develop and maintain a full business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all key territory management.
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of the pipeline, account plans, and territory management activities to drive new business growth
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of successful sales experience selling technology or curriculum to large schools and districts.
- Proven sales experience with multi-year, complex sales packages.
- Successful experience managing a field sales territory and managing clients through a full sales cycle.
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process, from lead generation to closing deals to developing client relationships – with proven success hitting or surpassing set quotas.
- Ability to negotiate deals which meets both parties' objectives.
- Experience providing presentations demonstrating curriculum or technologies both online and face-to-face.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills.
- Energetic, entrepreneurial self-starter with strong work ethic.
- Regional travel required in the key western territories (AK, AZ, CA, HI, NV, OR, WY, WA) – about approximately 30% - 40%.
- Bachelor's Degree from a university or college required.