Senior Business Development Manager, Boston, MA (TRN1129)
Boston, Massachusetts 02116 United States
The Renaissance Network, Inc.
Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Strategic Search Partners for Education and Technology
Job Title: Senior Business Development Manager
Position Location: Boston, MA
Client Company Summary:
For more than 35 years, our client has been working with teachers and educational specialists to provide solutions and resources that are used in the classroom to bring subjects to life and make learning fun. While exam scores may continue to dominate education agendas, research shows that greater benefits can be leveraged by focusing on applying knowledge to expand learning rather than acquiring knowledge to pass examinations. The role of educators is changing. Their portfolio inspires interest in Preschool, Math, Science, Technology, Engineering, and Computer Science. With educational sets, activity packs, teacher resources and programming tools they can make learning inspiring and meet your curriculum needs.
The partnership team is a cornerstone in our client’s organization. Through innovation, development, and product improvement, our client develops products and technologies that set the bar for playful learning experiences for students.
As a Senior Business Development Manager, you will work closely with external commercial partners, academia, and colleagues in both Boston and Billund in designing new play and learning experiences - building on the physical brick, and adding new dimensions to the learning experience.
As does everyone else on the team, you will act as a team player with super powers. Your super power will be to see through market insights, operating and business models and spot new opportunity spaces – and be able to visualize and simulate the potential business impact.
- Drive the effort of mapping the opportunities for new experiences that partners bring to the table, ensuring a clear overview of the opportunity space – and together with the Design Manager, mature this into concrete concepts and lead the maturing of each together with the partner
- Deliver new playful learning experience opportunities with and through partners
- Identify ways to prototype the concepts, and to establish initial and ongoing level of interest with customers and consumers
- Visualize and mature the business together with the organization’s commercial partners
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong business development background, with proven track record of building channel partnerships in the Ed Tech space
- Ability to work across the organization with multiple stakeholders in a collaborative manner
- Experience with agile development methods
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and an ambitious, competitive drive
- Ability to work independently and creatively to reach targets
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Product management competencies and business development experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred