Senior Software Engineer, Ed Tech (multiple positions) - Newton, MA * (TRN1016)
Newton, Massachusetts 02458 United States
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Newton, MA
Client Company Summary:
The Renaissance Network in Newton, MA has been retained by itslearning (www.itslearning.com) to help grow their US based software development team. itslearning is an education technology company that is experiencing rapid growth. Since 1999, they have been committed to being the leader in K-12 learning management systems (LMS). Their learning platform is used by millions of educators, students, parents and administrative staff worldwide. They are dedicated to education and are passionate about the success of each student.
itslearning is currently seeking an experienced, highly creative, and intellectually curious Senior Software Engineer with strong C#. To itslearning, user- and customer satisfaction is their primary motivation and passion, and consequently they are looking for web developers who share their enthusiasm for putting the user’s needs first.
As a senior software engineer, you will join one of their scrum teams where you get to work with development within every layer of the itslearning SaaS web application – such as developing world-class user experience in the front-end to the SQL back-end. Their engineering teams consist of 5–7 team members including testers. Their teams have either a dedicated scrum master or scrum coach to facilitate the work, in addition to a product owner to prioritize the backlog in collaboration with the team. Their teams are self-organized and 100% dedicated to sprint work.
Development involves using modern tools and libraries, including VS 2013, ReSharper, GIT, ASP.NET, C#, REST services, MySql, and front-end technologies.
Required skills and experiences:
- have at least 3-4+ years of software development experience
- are an exceptional web developer who wants to make a difference in online education
- are a developer who focuses on performant code with scalability in mind
- possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in CS or similar fields
- have well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
You are also:
- fluent in English
- experienced in web services: WCF, JSON, REST and SOAP
- experienced in developing web applications with C#
- experienced in agile development processes
- structured, detail oriented, and highly organized
For immediate consideration, please apply with a copy of your most recent resume.