The Renaissance Network
Are you ready to drive growth for an education company that is dedicated to increasing literacy?
Steps to Literacy is on mission to partner with schools and districts to ignite a passion for reading. Working with hundreds of publishers, they create book selections and classroom library materials that encourage curiosity and a desire to read in every student.
They are seeking a Director of Business Development to secure new client relationships in multiple regions across the US. This position is responsible for the sales development of school districts and charter school organizations through a focus on determining the needs of the customer and providing solutions with the products in the Steps to Literacy portfolio.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience successfully selling K-12 learning solutions, a successful history of building new relationships with key school district decision makers, and a passion for literacy.
- Develop a plan to achieve and exceed annual sales targets through the strategic acquisition of new K-12 district level and charter wide accounts
- Establish new customers through complete sales cycle of prospecting, building relationships, understanding needs, presenting solutions, closing, and servicing
- Consistently grow account relationships by understanding customer objectives and advising them of new products/services to strategically meet their needs
- Build, maintain, and forecast an accurate sales pipeline and log activities in CRM
- Represent Steps to Literacy by participating in conferences, conventions, and association meetings to expand network, meet potential customers, and increase sales
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the industry and competitor’s products. Communicate to management changing trends or issues that may impact sales and make recommendations for new product development or modification of existing products
- Communicate customer buying habits and market product trends for their specified customer group concentrations to merchandising department
- Advise customers on changing legislative standards that may affect their business
- Proven track record in K-12 district and school level sales
- Demonstrated ability to prospect with a persistent drive to close new business
- Customer focused, curious, and creative including developing new solutions for accounts
- Capability to work remotely and travel as necessary
The Steps to Literacy team of Curation Specialists is comprised of all former teachers who use their expertise to create libraries and custom book bundles based on curriculum, reading levels, genre, standards, and dozens of other customizable options. Steps to Literacy provides accessible and exciting books to children so they can explore the world, cultures, and themselves through reading. Steps to Literacy is part of the S&S Worldwide Family: S&S is committed to the well-being of America’s children and special populations of all ages.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is a core value at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via