The Renaissance Network
Are you ready to oversee Day Shelter Services for a leading provider of homeless services in Boston?
St. Francis House (SFH) seeks a Director of Day Shelter Services to lead, coordinate, and integrate their Meals, Safety and Security, Clothing Distribution, Volunteer Services, and Guest Services programs. You’ll act as the operational lead to integrate all day shelter practices and form consistent staff expectations to foster teamwork to ensure high quality service delivery to guests. The Director ensures that policies, procedures, and day-to-day practices are aligned with the SFH Philosophy of Care, which is committed to providing trauma-informed, recovery-oriented, and person-centered care.
Since 1984, St. Francis House’s programs have served those experiencing homelessness and poverty. They offer a comprehensive array of services, all available under one roof, available 365 days of the year. They transform lives using a holistic approach to understand and address behavioral health, housing, and employment needs.
- Lead the integration of all day shelter practices
- Manage and mentor 5 direct reports and indirectly oversee team of approximately 35
- Create guidelines to encourage managers to operate with autonomy and creativity in meeting guest service goals
- Ensure program compliance with contract expectations, including data quality and accurate and timely reports
- Take an active role in preparing and finalizing the annual budget; approve purchases and monitor expenses with Managers and with VP of Programs and Services
- As a member of program leadership, work collaboratively to foster agency cohesion across programs; take an active role on the SFH leadership team
- Represent SFH at various external meetings and relevant committees
- 5+ years’ proven senior leadership experience managing a non-profit direct services program, overseeing complex service delivery and program development/implementation, and supervising a diverse staff
- Experience within the homeless services landscape and knowledge of terms, trends, and key issues in homeless services (including HUD priorities and regulations and the role of the Continuum of Care)
- Proven ability to manage the day-to-day operations smoothly and consistently, while also bringing enthusiasm, initiative, and creativity to the work to inspire new ideas and increase effectiveness
- Desire to work in a dynamic day shelter environment and infuse the service delivery with an approach that is trauma-informed, recovery-oriented, and person-centered
- Lived experience of homelessness and/or recovery a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or at least 10 years of work experience in human services field, homeless services preferred
St. Francis House rebuilds lives by providing refuge and pathways to stability for adults experiencing homelessness and poverty. They commit themselves to helping those they serve achieve renewed lives of dignity and self-determination. Regardless of the journey, St. Francis House believes that homelessness is an experience, not an identity, and that recovery is possible for everyone.
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, St. Francis House serves thousands of individuals each year. Their basic, rehabilitative, and housing services overlap and build on one another to provide their guests with continuous and comprehensive support.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is a core value at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via