The Renaissance Network
Are you passionate about helping homeless individuals secure stable employment?
St. Francis House (SFH) – one of Boston’s leading providers of homeless services – seeks an Employment Coach to assist clients with job development services including vocational assessments, coaching on job search techniques, resume writing, assistance with job placement, and retention support. This role engages individuals experiencing homelessness, promotes earned income opportunities, and provides clients with employment services and connections to other services in the workforce development department. As part of SFH integrated services, the Employment Coach works collaboratively and holistically to stabilize individuals in income, housing, and behavioral health.
Since 1984, St. Francis House’s programs have served those experiencing homelessness and poverty. They offer a comprehensive array of services, all available under one roof, available 365 days of the year. They transform lives using a holistic approach to understand and address behavioral health, housing, and employment needs.
- Work with guests to create individualized employment plans with wraparound resources to support participants’ achievement of income stability
- Provide coaching in effective job search techniques, including developing resumes and cover letters that portray the individual’s work experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Assist clients in identifying job opportunities and in securing job employment
- Conduct housing pathways assessments to align income maximization needs with the individual’s identified housing pathway and support individuals to making progress on that housing pathway
- Provide participants guidance to identify behaviors that may create barriers to getting or advancing in a job and provides direct support or referrals to resources to address identified barriers
- Ensure that participants have a realistic and supportive plan in place for a smooth and successful transition to employment
- Passion for the St. Francis mission; desire to work in a dynamic day shelter environment
- Experience working or volunteering with vulnerable populations
- Basic understanding of workforce development services or career counseling a plus
- Ability to understand the value of data collection/analyzation
- Excellent interpersonal and organization skills; strong writing skills
- Bilingual a plus
- Lived experience of homelessness and/or recovery a plus
St. Francis House rebuilds lives by providing refuge and pathways to stability for adults experiencing homelessness and poverty. They commit themselves to helping those they serve achieve renewed lives of dignity and self-determination. Regardless of the journey, St. Francis House believes that homelessness is an experience, not an identity, and that recovery is possible for everyone.
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, St. Francis House serves thousands of individuals each year. Their basic, rehabilitative, and housing services overlap and build on one another to provide their guests with continuous and comprehensive support.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is a core value at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via