The Renaissance Network
Are you an executive leader ready to impact mathematics education nationally and internationally with an award-winning non-profit organization?
COMAP (based in Boston, MA) envisions a world in which each and every student, at all educational levels, has access to excellent and innovative mathematics education that develops proficiency and instills an appreciation for the value of mathematical modeling, both as a context for learning mathematics and as a tool for solving real world problems.
They are seeking an Executive Director to advance the mission of the organization and to grow COMAP’s vision and influence in the mathematics education community. Reporting to and working with the Board of Trustees, this critical role is the chief executive of the leadership team and the legal fiduciary of the organization. The ideal candidate will have expertise in innovative leadership, and a commitment to improving mathematics education.
- Develop and execute, in collaboration with the Board, national and international growth strategies that promote COMAP’s mission and vision
- Ensure the integrity and strategic alignment of all COMAP projects, products, and contests
- Assess the current educational environment to consistently identify new opportunities and generate new ideas for improving mathematics education
- Advocate for educational policies consistent with COMAP’s mission and vision
- Represent COMAP to partner organizations, in national and international discussions with mathematics education leaders, at conferences, and through editorials and blogs
- Provide thoughtful, efficient, effective, and collaborative leadership to the organization while overseeing all staff, projects, publications, and contests
- Collaborate with Director of Operations and contest directors, to ensure availability of resources and work with marketing to increase contest participation
- Collaborate with Director of Education on curricular and pedagogical projects
- Contribute as an active member of professional organizations, and mathematics and educational communities, keeping them informed about COMAP’s activities
- Author or collaborate with others on publications and on proposals to funding agencies
- Communicate regularly with the Board of Trustees
- Professional credentials in, experience with, and/or understanding of K-16 mathematics education and mathematics, including mathematical modeling, sufficient to earn credibility in both educational and mathematical communities
- Visionary leader with strong organizational, personnel, research, and financial management skills
- Proven track record of developing and directing current and new activities that advance mission, impact, and innovation
- Collaborative; a team player, a good listener, and continually learning
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) internally and externally
- Experience with philanthropy and revenue generation
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, terminal degree a plus
Founded in 1980, the Consortium for Mathematics and its Applications – COMAP – is an award-winning non-profit organization that develops curriculum resources, professional development programs, and contest opportunities that are multi-disciplinary, academically rigorous, and fun for educators and students. Their educational philosophy is centered around mathematical modeling: using mathematical tools to explore real world problems. COMAP envisions a world in which every student at all educational levels has access to excellent and innovative mathematics education.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are core values at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via