The Renaissance Network
Are you interested in helping families achieve stabilization and self-sufficiency?
Catholic Charities Boston – one of the largest social service non-profit organizations in Massachusetts – seeks Family Support Specialists to join their team in Lowell. This role offers a $3000 signing bonus!
You’ll visit families referred by the Department of Children and Families (DCF) and support them with basic needs to reach family stability. You’ll also transport children and supervise visitation between parents and children removed from their homes.
- Work with the DCF to support parent-child interactions within families
- Maintain contact with clients and providers to help families lower the risk level in their homes
- Develop a supportive, professional, and confidential relationship with caregivers and the families
- Provide goals outlined in the treatment plan designed to promote and support parent-child interactions
- Connect clients with community resources as needed including housing
- Provide transportation, or assist clients in arranging for transportation, to fulfill their parental responsibilities
- Complete client visitation reports in a timely manner
- A passion for helping children and families
- Experience with families in conflict, of diverse culture and ethnicity in a home-based environment (a plus)
- Understanding domestic violence, mental health, and substance abuse
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with proof of adequate insurance coverage and live within commuting distance to Lowell, MA (travel to Lowell, Brockton, Cape Ann, and Worcester areas)
- Flexibility to work some early mornings and evenings and occasional weekends as needed
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, or Khmer (a plus)
Catholic Charities Boston supports communities throughout Eastern Massachusetts by providing services to the most vulnerable populations. Their programs include Family & Youth Services, Basic Needs, Refugee & Immigrant Services, and Adult Education & Workforce Development. Established in 1903, they’ve evolved into one of the largest social service non-profit organizations in Massachusetts. Their 70+ programs serve those in need, regardless of religion, race, gender, age, disability, or ethnicity.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are core values at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via