The Renaissance Network
Are you interested in helping families achieve stabilization and self-sufficiency?
Catholic Charities Boston – one of the largest social service non-profit organizations in Massachusetts – seeks full-time Home Visitors to work at the Healthy Families program located throughout Boston’s neighborhoods. This role offers a $4,000 signing bonus!
The Home Visitor provides outreach to young first-time parents and performs the duties of the position in client homes, the Catholic Charities office, and other locations.
- Provide individual home-based support and parent education
- Educate first time parents to promote safety and optimal growth and child development
- Promote positive parent child interaction
- Screen families to assess needs for health, development, and self-sufficiency
- Refer and connect clients to appropriate community services to access resources for maternal/child health and development, positive parenting, and educational attainment
- Advocate for families for available community resources
- Experience with families from various socio-economic, cultural, linguistic, and ethnic backgrounds and/or families with infants/young children
- Excellent listening and assessment skills; ability to identify family strengths/needs
- Bilingual preferred. Fluency in English or Spanish, Haitian Creole, Cape Verde Creole, Portuguese, and Vietnamese welcomed
- Strong time management, organizational, and communication skills including ability for detailed oriented note taking/reporting. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite a plus
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and access to reliable vehicle for local travel
- Flexible schedule may be required to accommodate the program and family’s needs
- Associate’s degree or high school/HISET equivalent with advanced skills or experience
Catholic Charities Boston supports communities throughout Eastern Massachusetts by providing services to the most vulnerable populations. Their programs include Family & Youth Services, Basic Needs, Refugee & Immigrant Services, and Adult Education & Workforce Development. Established in 1903, they’ve evolved into one of the largest social service non-profit organizations in Massachusetts. Their 70+ programs serve those in need, regardless of religion, race, gender, age, disability, or ethnicity.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are core values at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via