The Renaissance Network
Are you passionate about creating employment opportunities for Boston’s homeless population through employer relationship development?
St. Francis House (SFH) seeks a Job Placement Coordinator to develop pipelines for competitive jobs and careers for program participants by outreaching to employers, advocating for job seekers and cultivating good working relationships directly with Hiring Managers, Workforce Development Training Programs and MassHire Career Centers. The Job Placement Coordinator provides leads to employment and training opportunities for Workforce Development Employment Coaches and Job Readiness Instructors.
Since 1984, St. Francis House’s programs have served those experiencing homelessness and poverty. They offer a comprehensive array of services, all available under one roof, available 365 days of the year. They transform lives using a holistic approach to understand and address behavioral health, housing, and employment needs.
- Engage and build relationships with Boston-area hiring managers, HR departments, and MassHire Business Account Managers to increase employment and training opportunities for SFH participant job seekers
- Inform SFH staff and participants about job and industry opportunities, and track and monitor effectiveness of job leads
- Work directly with clients to educate them on opportunities and support them through the hiring process
- Create and maintain a data base of local employers inclined to offer opportunities to job seekers with limited or interrupted work experience and those able to offer career development opportunities where appropriate
- Facilitate participant access to career fairs, recruitment fairs and MassHire workshops both virtually and in person
- Engage with corporations and volunteers to support job seeker participants by providing Mock Interviews, Resume Review, Career Information Sessions, etc.
- Ability to market the potential of SFH clients to employers
- Experience with career placement, career counseling, or creating employment opportunities
- Ability to initiate and maintain employer relationships, engage stakeholders, and develop professional and trusting relationships
- Passion for the St. Francis House mission and desire to work with the population served
- Knowledge of Workforce Development principles and practices a plus
- Lived experience of homelessness and/or recovery a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or several years of professional experience
St. Francis House rebuilds lives by providing refuge and pathways to stability for adults experiencing homelessness and poverty. They commit themselves to helping those they serve achieve renewed lives of dignity and self-determination. Regardless of the journey, St. Francis House believes that homelessness is an experience, not an identity, and that recovery is possible for everyone.
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, St. Francis House serves thousands of individuals each year. Their basic, rehabilitative, and housing services overlap and build on one another to provide their guests with continuous and comprehensive support.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is a core value at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via