The Renaissance Network
Are you an experienced immigration attorney ready to lead the legal services department of one of Boston’s premier social service agencies?
Catholic Charities Boston is one of the largest social service non-profit organizations in Massachusetts. Their vision is to create a just, equitable, and compassionate society rooted in the dignity of all people. Each year they assist tens of thousands of people to move from crisis to stability to self-sufficiency regardless of religion, race, gender, age, disability, or ethnicity.
Catholic Charities Boston seeks an attorney with humanitarian/family-based immigration law leadership experience to manage the daily operations of their immigration legal services department.
- Supervise casework of attorneys and Department of Justice (DOJ) accredited representatives
- Oversee the legal department’s direct representation, legal orientation for those in removal proceedings and legal response to emerging humanitarian issues
- Oversee the management of federally funded immigration court orientation programs
- Train and mentor growing immigration legal services staff
- Oversee all administrative aspects of program
- Lead efforts to respond to emerging situations such as changes in legal policy or practice or demographic changes in local community
- Grow and sustain, both personnel and fiscal aspects of the legal services department
- Develop and oversee community outreach and educational activities related to immigration law and policy
- Develop and continuously review overall strategy/goals for legal department
- Authorized to practice law; admitted in any state, preferably Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Five+ years’ experience in the practice of immigration law; humanitarian and family-based immigration law experience required
- Several years of supervisory experience of legal staff; strong leadership skills
- Sensitivity and trauma informed approach to serving clients is necessary
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive and professional relationship with co-workers, clients, and community service providers
- Cultural responsiveness, commitment to racial justice, and ability to relate well and effectively in a multicultural and multilingual workplace with diverse client population is required
- Strong legal writing and communication skills
- Excellent administrative, data collection, typing and computer skills with keen attention to detail; computer proficiency with MS Office, e-learning and webinars, and experience with database systems
- Must have U.S. driver’s license and reliable vehicle or access to reliable public transportation for work related travel
- This role is primarily an in-office role in South Boston, MA; relocation is allowed
Catholic Charities Boston supports communities throughout Eastern Massachusetts by providing services to the most vulnerable populations. Their mission is to welcome and serve, with compassion and respect, all those in need by providing life’s necessities, education, and advocacy to move families toward self-sufficiency. Their programs include Family & Youth Services, Basic Needs, Refugee & Immigrant Services, and Adult Education & Workforce Development. Established in 1903, Catholic Charities Boston serves those in need, regardless of religion, race, gender, age, disability, or ethnicity.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are core values at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via