The Renaissance Network
Are you a policy expert ready to impact a company that is a national leader in creating safer environments for schools, healthcare, and community organizations?
Quality Behavioral Solutions (QBS) is a mission-led organization that provides crisis prevention and management training to reduce the frequency and severity of behavioral challenges and violence in the workplace. With steady expansion of their Safety-Care Crisis Prevention Training Program across North America, QBS is significantly improving the safety of educational, residential, and programmatic settings that serve individuals with challenging behaviors.
QBS is seeking a Policy Director to play a crucial role in navigating legislative and regulatory changes while advocating for their customers and the vulnerable populations under their care. This role will report to the Director of Curriculum and Training Standards.
The ideal candidate for this position is a motivated leader with expertise in public policy and legislative analysis with experience in education or behavioral health policies or advocacy.
- Provide, maintain, and internally report on current, comprehensive picture of the legal, regulatory, and accreditation mandates for each market QBS operates in
- Analyze market trends, conditions, and legislation. Recognize opportunities and threats to customer access to QBS training and coordinate internal and external responses
- Research and provide regular updates on grant opportunities to fund customers to investments in QBS training. Publish source findings for customers to access
- Research and report internally on state legislation, regulator policies, and related news
- Communicate consistently with customers, PR resources, and stakeholders
- Write reports and crosswalk documents related to QBS alignment to relevant regulations and requirements
- Identify curriculum misalignment with mandates and work with Director of Curriculum and Training Standards on customer communication and curriculum modifications
- Expertise in broad based public policy and legislative analysis
- Demonstrated approach to monitoring, synthesizing, and communicating information and data
- Proven ability to collaborate and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders
- Independent and self-directed with attention to both detail and timelines
- Capability to work remotely and travel as necessary
Since 1997, the mission of QBS has been to provide quality behavioral solutions to complex behavior challenges through evidence-based training and consulting services. Developed with a strong foundation in Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) principles, Safety-Care has been adopted widely across the US, making it one of the largest and fastest-growing crisis prevention programs in the world. Over the last two decades the QBS expert team of Board-Certified Behavioral Analysts have trained and certified over 500,000 professionals on the Safety-Care program.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are core values at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via