The Renaissance Network
Are you interested in making a difference in the lives of formerly homeless individuals who have transitioned into permanent housing?
St. Francis House (SFH) – a leading provider of homelessness services in Greater Boston – seeks a Residential Services Case Manager (RSCM) to provide wrap-around, person-centered services to SFH tenants. The RSCM will ensure SFH tenants gain the skills that allow them to achieve overall stability with behavioral health, income, and day-to-day living, and remain permanently housed. With a caseload of approximately 30 individuals, the RSCM will engage with residents in person in a variety of settings, including in residents’ units and out in the community for critical appointments.
Since 1984, St. Francis House’s programs have served those experiencing homelessness and poverty. They offer a comprehensive array of services, all available under one roof, available 365 days of the year. They transform lives using a holistic approach to understand and address behavioral health, housing, and employment needs.
- Support residents as they move into permanent housing and provide services that foster a smooth transition from homelessness to a stable living environment
- Use a proactive approach to develop positive relationships with residents
- Conduct assessments and build collaborative service plans with residents, prioritizing areas directly connected to improving levels of stability in housing, income, and behavioral health; establish agreed-upon goals
- Work with participants to develop/strengthen daily living skills including budgeting, employment/income, food and nutrition, and good tenancy practices
- Understand and respect individuals’ choices and levels of readiness to change and use Motivational Interviewing to provide encouragement, insight, and informed support
- Collaborate with other housing team members and community to develop, promote, and facilitate positive activities for residents living in St. Francis House Residential Services
- Coordinate and maintain monthly case conferencing meeting with external providers
- Maintain ongoing and up-to-date resident records in relevant databases and regularly review caseload activities and goals
- Monitor participant’s tenancy to identify any potential concerns
- Serve as a liaison and advocate with participants’ landlords, property management, medical and behavioral health providers, etc.
- Experience with case management/direct service with vulnerable populations strongly preferred
- Experience working directly with people experiencing or who have recently exited homelessness preferred
- Lived experience of homelessness and/or recovery a plus
- Highly reliable, independent, and responsible with a proactive, enthusiastic, and consistent approach to helping people make changes in their lives
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required
- High School diploma or equivalency; Human Services education a plus
- Commuting distance to downtown Boston
- Desire to work in a dynamic day shelter environment
- This is a 9-5 or 10-6 role that requires either a Tuesday-Saturday schedule, or Sunday-Thursday schedule
St. Francis House rebuilds lives by providing refuge and pathways to stability for adults experiencing homelessness and poverty. They commit themselves to helping those they serve achieve renewed lives of dignity and self-determination. Regardless of the journey, St. Francis House believes that homelessness is an experience, not an identity, and that recovery is possible for everyone.
Located in the heart of downtown Boston, St. Francis House serves thousands of individuals each year. Their basic, rehabilitative, and housing services overlap and build on one another to provide their guests with continuous and comprehensive support.
The Renaissance Network – Building World-Class Teams to Impact Education
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) is a core value at The Renaissance Network. We honor the unique identities of every candidate we encounter, and we’re committed to ensuring an equitable recruiting and interview process.
Share job via